Thread: Cyberpunk 2077
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2020, 09:41 AM   #80
drave
In His hands...

drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
PLayed about 8 hours in or so. Holy fuck man.

The storytelling is some next level shit, and done very well so far. Combat is pretty good, but AI seems kinda dumb SOMETIMES. IMO - stealth is fun AF, but you definitely have to level it up for it to be more effective. Gunplay is alright. Been playing Destiny 2 recently, and no shooting feels as good as that game, so I'm adjusting.

Just to to the part where things "open up" for you to do whatever you want and there is a ton of choice. The map makes things easy to find, track, etc. Ability to turn all this shit off in the menus is even better.

It could be a lot better looking. I feel like the "current gen" consoles (PS5, XSX) will handle it much better. Two times, my Xbox One X froze for about 10 seconds while loading additional assets, one of those times caused me to have to restart the app. Nothing gamebreaking, and just twice in 8 hours isn't bad.

Some of the areas and models look better than others. The lighting is on point though. Whether the neon signs glowing and buzzing, or the bright shine of the sun, lighting is fantastic.

Music is awesome too. Lotsa variety on the radio stations. An actual very heavy metal station, which is the first one I can recall in any game I've played.

The wait was worth it for me. I've already had to resist starting another character for various reasons, but can see myself doing multiple play throughs.
drave is offline   Reply With Quote