View Single Post
Old 03-22-2023, 03:36 PM   #49
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Let's see if this thing can simulate a message board...

Please pretend that you're a late 1990s online message board centered around the discussion of professional wrestling. Please generate a discussion that might have taken place on January 4, 1999, a major date in wrestling history. Events that happened on that day such as WCW's famed Finger Poke of Doom and Mankind winning the WWF title should be discussed. You should come up with multiple different online personas which will be having this conversation, all with different opinions.

Quote:
Sure, I can create a simulation of an online message board in the late 1990s centered around professional wrestling. Here's a summary of discussion that might have taken place on January 4, 1999, regarding the events that happened on that day:

User Name: StoneCold316
Post Title: WCW's Finger Poke of Doom
Post Content: Can't believe what I just saw! WCW's Finger Poke of Doom was a disaster! All the hype, and they give us that garbage? I mean, really? Nash and Hogan working together to fool the fans and restart the New World Order? What a letdown!

User Name: TheRockSays
Post Title: Mankind wins the WWF Title
Post Content: Finally, The Rock has come back to the top of the mountain! Mankind winning the WWF title is the best thing to happen to the wrestling industry in a long time. He deserves it more than anyone, and he's got the heart to defend it against any challenger. The Rock salutes you, Mankind!

User Name: DXrules
Post Title: Reaction to both events
Post Comment: I can't believe how much the wrestling world has changed in just one night! On the one hand, we have Mankind winning the title and giving hope to underdogs everywhere. On the other hand, we have WCW making a complete fool out of the fans and ruining what could have been a great match. DX says, let's keep our fingers crossed for better things to come!

User Name: HBKfan
Post Title: Reaction to Finger Poke of Doom
Post Comment: Give me a break! WCW has officially jumped the shark with the Finger Poke of Doom. How could they ruin such a great rivalry between Goldberg and Nash with that cheap trick? The fans deserved better than that, and WCW has just lost one of its most loyal supporters.

User Name: BretHart4ever
Post Title: Reaction to Mankind winning the title
Post Comment: Finally, the WWF gets it right! Mankind winning the title is a long-overdue recognition of his talent and hard work. He's been a loyal soldier for the WWF, and he deserves to hold the most prestigious title in the business. Bret Hart says, congratulations, Mankind!

User Name: nWo4life
Post Title: Finger Poke of Doom was genius
Post Comment: You guys just don't get it! The Finger Poke of Doom was a brilliant move by the nWo to regain control of the WCW. Nash and Hogan outsmarted the fans and the WCW management, and now they're back on top where they belong. You may hate it, but you can't deny it was a genius move!

User Name: StingFan
Post Title: Disappointed with both events
Post Comment: I'm sorry to say it, but I'm disappointed with both events. Mankind winning the title was a nice surprise, but it doesn't change the fact that the WWF is still full of gimmicks and cartoon characters. And as for the Finger Poke of Doom, well, it just proves that WCW has lost its edge and is becoming more and more predictable. As a Sting fan, I hope both companies can do better in the future.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote