View Single Post
Old 10-31-2014, 07:54 PM   #352
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Mantis View Post
Those privileged white video games people should just take those rape and murder threats like men.

Because fuck women, right? RIGHT!?
I didn't mention women.

There's a trend of people speaking about how dangerous their lives are (from coffee shops, Nintendo stores, and cyber cafes) and really weaponizing the public response to harassment and death threats and such. Law enforcement makes the distinction between credible death threats and trolling for a reason. It's also why we didn't hear about the GDC bomb threat until six months later. Brianna Wu's actions sense her tweeting of death threats would go against what officials would tell her to do in the case of credible death threats.

After some time with no deaths, arrests, or so much as a black eye dealt to either side and law enforcement not confirming any credible threat to anybody - the weaponizing of victimhood will weaken the validity of harassment and threats. Cry wolf and all that.

More to my tweet; the people speaking most about how scared they are (so scared they tweet from bars with their buddies), are people who live otherwise safe lives and would be least likely to encounter actual danger. So yeah, take death threat trolls like a man/woman. Your issue with my post is the sort of thing Rhiannon would have appreciated, but only now are some of you concerned about harassment.
Kalyx triaD is offline   Reply With Quote