View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 07:39 PM   #4207
Ultra Mantis
Grim Fandango

Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I'm about to do Episode Ardyn, and kill the toise then I think I'm done with FFXV. I've definitely not tackled some of the content (those post game doors in dungeons) but I felt the same about post game last time. I did Pitioss or whatever it was called, but other than that it's just not much fun. Combat is such a downer, even now the game has caught up with my level I don't feel very involved in it.

Some thoughts on the royal edition additions (Going to spoiler tag just in case theres somebody out there on TPWW who cares about FFXV and hasn't played it yet. Of all things):

SPOILER: show

This is some content that SHOULD have been there from the beginning. The story is so bare bones that leaving huge unexplained gaps was absolute bullshit, even more so that Gladio's absence is completely shoehorned in and uneventful. The Prompto DLC and especially the Ignis DLC are REQUIRED. The sudden "Oh Ignis is blind now btw" and "Oh yeah Promto is actually a cloned murder robot" reveals of the vanilla game are absolutely ludicrous. Ravus is an actual character in the DLC. What the fuck was he in the main game. Dude shows up, owns Gladio and then just dies offscreen. Gladio why do you love cup noodles so much? You eat like 10 in a row and probably throw up from it because you're fighting off reanimated corpses and lugging around pillars you stupid dickhead. You should hate cup noodles by association!

I'm not fighting Omega Weapon, I tried him and I was doing like 9 damage a hit. He has a giant health bar. No thanks.

The absolute best thing about royal edition is they improved the ending sequence, Insomia being an actual dungeon with a boss really ramps it up. You also get to fight the founder kings after Ifrit and each of the bros get their little turn to be a badass. Makes a huge difference to everyone just immediately being KOd and Ardyn saying "lol don't need them for the final boss". It gives the ending a bit more of an emotional punch but Noctis remains incredibly under developed so it's hard to shed a tear for the guy and I do love crying at the end of video games.

I have no doubt Persona 5 Royal Edition is going to be a much more thrilling ride, but for now I have to decide which ones of my 1004 backlogged games to start on next...
Ultra Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote