View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 09:49 AM   #15
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
tbh, I like gimmicky wrestlers. They add a fresh feel to the show and a good break from guys who really have no gimmicks other than "guys who wrestle". So really, I don't dislike many of the recent gimmicks. Among the ones listed in this thread:

Eugene was hilarous initially...although admittedly it was depressing that the talented Nick Dinsmore couldn't show off his full talents. If they had given the gimmick to somebody who was only mediocre in the ring, it would have made me feel a bit better.

I loved Deuce 'n Domino...part of that might stem from the fact that they debuted as I was working on my high school production of Grease, and so essentially they were acting just like we were...but I enjoyed it. I think they could have done more with them than job them to hell after they lost the belts. And to this day, I still maintain that Domino's talents were wasted.

And Kerwin White was a fun gimmick as well. It gave Chavo something to do and he got heat...cheap heat yes...but heat nonetheless. People wanted to see him get beat down. Outside of the Eddie Guerrero tribute show, I kinda wish Chavo could have continued with that gimmick. I'm not sure if canning the gimmick was his call or WWE's.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote