View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 10:23 PM   #394
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Bliss Appreciation Day:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The Twitter account for "Live Audio Wrestling" in Canada, which is operated by The Fight Network, sent out the following:

Have confirmed that the TNA / Billy Corgan hearing has been moved to next Wednesday, Anthem will be putting out statement today
— Live Audio Wrestling (@LAWradio) October 19, 2016

Anthem is also offering to fund TNA in order to repay the loans of Billy Corgan
— Live Audio Wrestling (@LAWradio) October 19, 2016

Anthem refers to Anthem Sports and Entertainment Corp, the parent company of The Fight Network, which acquired a minority stake in TNA several months back as part of a deal that saw them receive the worldwide streaming rights to the TNA Library. It should be noted that the financing for the most recent batch of TNA Impact Wrestling tapings, as well as the 10/2 Bound for Glory PPV came from MCC Acquisitions Corp. in Canada. MMC's address is exactly the same as Anthem Sports and Entertainment Corp.
Being reported Fight Network now owns the US tv rights to TNA as part of the deal. Could be a potential sign for TNA's future on POP TV since that deal is on a year-to-year basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
With all the talk surrounding the future of TNA, it should be noted that the company has reserved dates to film Impact Wrestling and One Night Only PPVs in January 2017.

PWInsider.com can confirm that there are dates on the Universal Studios Orlando calendar for the company to film at the Impact Zone from 1/4/17 through 1/10/17.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Ratings for last night's episode of SmackDown on the USA Network were down two percent from last week's post-No Mercy show, coming in at 2.405 million viewers.
Wasn't able to maintain the post-No Mercy ppv bump from last week.

Quote:
WWE developmental talent Terrance Jean-Jacques was arrested on Sunday on charges of assault and battery, kidnapping, witness intimidation, destruction of property and threatening to commit a crime. He is alleged to have hit his pregnant girlfriend.
WWE suspended him as a result and are waiting on the criminal investigation to be done before a firing decision is made.

Quote:
ITV officially announced that they will produce a one-off World of Sport special later in the year. Jim Ross will be doing commentary for the special.
Link to the announcement: http://www.itv.com/presscentre/press...port-wrestling

Quote:
Ricochet will miss shows for New Japan Pro Wrestling on October 21st and 23rd due to visa trouble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Wrestling Sheet
The love story between Paige and Alberto Del Rio is not shied away from on the upcoming season of Total Divas … in fact, we’re told it’s her main storyline in the first few episodes.

Production sources tell us Paige is in every single one of first few recently completed episodes and spends most of her time gushing over Del Rio. E! first mentioned this week that Season 6 would feature the couple’s blossoming romance, and we’re told Alberto did film material for the show.

Viewers with a keen eye noticed the 24-year-old was absent from recent show promos — including the full cast commercial shoot — but we’re told it was due to her injury.

Our sources say the suspended wrestler was at the doctor when they were filming the footage.

No word on how much the relationship will continue to be shown after the first few episodes, since that’s all they’ve completed in the editing room at this point.
Quote:
Lance Storm's new podcast, disappointingly NOT called "A Serious Minute," with Lance Storm and Cyrus the Virus, discuss the return of Goldberg in their first episode. It is also available on iTunes.
Link to the podcast show: https://www.podcastone.com/killing-t...torm-and-cyrus

Quote:
Though it had been known for some time that they would be headed to NXT, WWE officially announced on Wednesday afternoon that Tommy End, Big Damo, and "Crazy" Mary Dobson have reported to the company's Performance Center.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Paige posted the following after her neck surgery today:

Thanks to @NatbyNature for taking the time to come visit me. What an angel ?????????? her day off and she just got home and saw me. #RealFriend
— PAIGE (@RealPaigeWWE) October 19, 2016

Also surgery went well. The hernia was bigger than expected and my neck was straightened now this girl has 3 screws in her neck. Pics soon????????

Thank you dr Uribe. Best surgeon out there and everyone here at the hospital for the great hospitality. ??

We've talked about you a lot. He's great!! Sending hugs and kisses your way. Thanks for the text too. Nothing but love to you and Brie ?????????? https://t.co/8ifDxWQz1h
— PAIGE (@RealPaigeWWE) October 20, 2016
Quote:
The storyline he pitched to Vince McMahon for a Lesnar match:

“The last year I was in WWE, myself and Hunter, myself and Vince, had a lot of conversations about the contract and creative issues. One of the ideas I had – and there were several WWE Superstars I am friends with I shared the idea with – they thought it was an amazing, creative angle. I went to Vince. I had been asking for Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania the last three years. I told Vince you have to build this up properly. I told him it will break records if you build it up properly. I go, you need to let me go away for six months. I live in Las Vegas. MMA is hugely insanely popular. It’s the breeding ground. Let me join a training camp full time for six months. We’ll make it look like I’m about to go do a real fight. I’ll come back and challenge Brock Lesnar to a fight at WrestleMania. The way that I look, people already buy into it. Now I add the other skills into the mix and people already know Lesnar’s MMA background. Now I say we have a WrestleMania-worthy match. Vince, it went right over his head. I remember sitting there dumbfounded. Jesus Christ, you can’t f***ing be this out of touch! Maybe he didn’t want me to go away for six months.”
Wacky Ryback and Vince story from back in the day.

Quote:
Paige was removed this week from the open on Raw. If you wonder why she’s still with the company, obviously there is the idea there would be litigation most likely if she was let go (unless she gets three strikes in which case she would probably be released) and the company policy, which there have been rare exceptions to, is not to release people who have an existing injury and are still recovering from it.
Quote:
The new network subscription number will be announced at investors call on 10/27. The company was hoping for 1.49 million subscribers on 9/30, but that was before they went to two PPVs per month instead of one.
Quote:
Early reaction to Roderick Strong is that they love him. That doesn’t always mean a major push, but it does mean they were impressed. He is one of the best workers in the business and his work translated into New Japan which is a different and usually tougher standard, definitely tougher than NXT although getting main roster over in WWE is the hardest of anything because of the booking and political land mines
Quote:
Hideo Itami is looking right now like he’ll be out of action for about two months from the neck injury when Riddick Moss dropped him on his head with a twisting powerslam off the ropes. That’s good news because with surgery he’d be looking at another six plus months off
Quote:
We’re not sure of the situation regarding James Ellsworth past as of a week ago he was also on a per date basis and not under contract. Still, as of the day before Smackdown, he wasn’t told of any future dates or bookings, and he probably wouldn’t know because he’d be one of those guys contacted late if there’s an idea for that week’s TV.

Some other sheet news includes:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote