View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 03:13 PM   #35
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCrippyZ View Post
If it is real, there are two primary reasons for the increase.

1. Selling their content to Disney, Fox and FS1 & 2 now have the $ and also the need for new original content, and so Fox was offering a similar figure for WWE programming, and probably in particular RAW, and

2. For both Fox and NBC, they've determined it's less risk and more cost effective over the length of whatever agreement(s) they've offered or may offer, that at least currently, its less risk and more cost effective for them to pay WWE for it's content that has an already established audience, (despite the declining audience), then it is to attempt to develop new original content and build new audiences with no guarantee of return.
Both of those make perfect sense. A FOX offer edging up the price is a safe bed. I suppose keeping that audience is worth something, but in lieu of that other offer, I don't know if an increase goes to follow, you know? This is your field though. I suppose it is common in television for fees to increase as things go on, but does triple the amount sound right without the FOX offer?
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote