View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 09:19 PM   #243
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
From Dave Meltzer on Trent Barreta/AEW/NJPW: “New Japan is not upset at AEW over Trent Barreta. The issue is that they felt Baretta had made a commitment to them for 2019 to key people and then decided to leave but they have no beef with AEW over them signing him.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
On Thursday, WWE released their highly-anticipated fourth quarter and year end earnings numbers but while their numbers were impressive, the stock market has yet to respond with a big surge in price.

Some key revenue numbers for the year:
  • Revenues were just over $903 million for the year, beating out 2017's $801 million.
  • They had $99.6 million in net income, up from $32.6 million in 2017.
  • The WWE Network closed the year with 1.563 million subscribers, 1.528 million paid and 35,000 free. Over the fourth quarter, they lost nearly 100,000 subscribers.
  • Revenues were $63.5 million for Q4, up from 2017's $20.6 million.

Other interesting numbers and facts:
  • WWE will no longer release a Network subscription number the day after WrestleMania.
  • Live event revenue was $144.2 million, down from 2017's $151.7 million. That encompasses 308 total events, down 18 from 2017.
  • Q4 attendance averaged 5000, down from 5400 in 2017's Q4.
  • Raw and Smackdown viewership numbers were down year over year, 15% and 14% respectively.
  • They forecasted $1 billion in revenue for 2019, bolstered by new TV deals that kick in during Q4.
  • They forecasted a slight increase in paid Network subscribers for Q1, up to 1.59 million.

On the call, Vince McMahon was asked about Ronda Rousey's much-rumored departure following WrestleMania and how that would damage the brand. He put her over big, cited other stars being absent over the past year, and said they can work around her schedule if they know the dates she'll be gone for.
Vince confirming Rousey is taking a break after Mania sort of makes Rousey's big rant against the media a bit foolish now. Also WWE is still hiding how much money they get from the Saudi deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
In today's WWE 2018 earnings release, the company announced that paid subscriptions to their WWE Network streaming service have risen to "approximately" 1.59 million paid subscribers.

WWE noted in the release they are developing the "next iteration" of the Network, which likely means the long-planned tiered version.
Seems the Network is starting to flat out at around the 1.5 million range for subs which is well below WWE's initial expectations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Barrios on no UK TV deal yet: "...hasn't happened. I think it's fair to say all the agreements will be made by the middle of the year [2019]."
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
PWInsider reports that even though her husband Dean Ambrose is leaving WWE when his contract expires in April, Renee Young is expected to remain with the company.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
MLW’s weekly TV series FUSION will be moving to a new timeslot shortly, the promotion announced today. An official announcement about the change is forthcoming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful.com
A new video shows Chyna -- real name Joanie Laurer -- wanting to make amends with WWE. The video, which was released by Rob Potylo, was filmed two months prior to her passing.

"One of the things I'm having difficulty with still is my communication with WWE. I've been trying to convey that through the Hall of Fame and asking for sitdowns," said Chyna in the clip. "The more I go to these shows and appearances, it's about family. I miss my family. I don't want to show up at these places with my brothers and sisters who I was on the road with, that I love, to see them and feel awkward because the battle with WWE. It's something I would love to resolve. I would like to do it privately where I can atone and say I'm sorry for the things I've said and done. I feel bad about having said certain things under duress and pain and things I haven't resolved privately. That's all I want to do."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer Newsletter
The actual Monday injury report on Styles listed him as out with a hernia. On Tuesday, when he was cleared, he was listed as still having injuries to “shoulder/abdominal.”
Quote:
WWE is believed to be returning to Saudi Arabia on 5/3. We were told early May and November for two Saudi Arabia shows in 2019. I can’t confirm 5/3 but I would be right around that date. WWE’s only official word was that they have not confirmed a specific date. Reader Nawaf Zubar noted that due to Ramadan starting on 5/5, there could be no entertainment event in the country in May after that date. 5/3 is a Friday and the previous two events were on Fridays
Quote:
Canadian wrestler El Phantasmo, who works in the U.K. and won the British J Cup tournament Dave was at in Manchester last year, is expected to debut for NJPW at Best of the Super Juniors.
Quote:
There haven't really been any big changes since the McMahon family announcement on Raw December 17th about how there would be changes. There also haven’t been any changes to house shows since three months ago when Vince McMahon said they understood the problem and were going to make changes to the house shows to fix the problem and bring attendance up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPWW Frontpage via Triple A
WWE had representatives in Japan last week to talk to different companies about potentially opening up an NXT Japan, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. No other details are available right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPWW Frontpage via Triple A
Becky Lynch vs. Stephanie McMahon is an idea that was suggested in WWE and is currently being talked about, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, but they added that it is “most definitely not a done deal.”

If it is the plan, the groundwork was obviously laid on Monday’s Raw when Stephanie McMahon suspended Becky Lynch and Lynch attacked her. Then on SmackDown, Becky slapped Triple H. The angle is clearly “inspired” by the Austin vs. McMahon feud.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote