View Single Post
Old 07-28-2015, 10:59 AM   #2575
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I still have quite a bit of TV to book before I get there but, assuming no injuries or suspensions pop up here's what I've got mapped out for SummerSlam:

Triple H vs. Rollins (if Rollins wins, The Authority is out of power for good)
This isn't the main event but it was the focal part of the Raw right after Battleground. 2 PPVs in a row Rollins had a great showing and was insistent he could win on his own only for Triple H to insist on Authority involvement. Triple H finally had Rollins kicked out of the now dwindling group and Rollins' face turn was now complete. A match is set and after a few weeks Vince resurfaces to tell Triple H that his leadership of Raw and SD is on the line. BUT FOR REALSIES THIS TIME! No take-backs like Survivor Series. Obviously this is the angle I'm using to justify bringing back the brand split soon.

Kane vs. Ambrose (if Ambrose wins, Kane is fired as Director of Operations)
Sort of an extension of the other match. But Kane is looking somewhat relevant after his win over Orton and Ambrose still has issues with The Authority. Pretty much just sticking these guys together because it should be a good brawl and another nice way to wrap up The Authority angle for good. I envisioned Rollins and Ambrose being unwittingly forced to team up a few times in the build (yes WWE, you can actually have two faces team up and play off that they hate each other rather than them automatically forgiving each other for a year's long blood feud).

World Heavyweight Title: Reigns vs. Lesnar
The real main event. Reigns, as mentioned, is a badass heel now. Bragged about defeating his two face former Shield brothers and got heat for it. Says he can take on all comers. Cue the reinstatement of Lesnar, still owed a rematch for the World Title since WM...and a huge locker room emptying brawl ensued. I'm normally against the idea of a WM main event being immediately rehashed at SummerSlam, but it makes sense here and has a different dynamic with heel Reigns.

US Title: Cena vs. Owens
The logical conclusion to their feud, which to this point has seen Owens win twice (once by countout) and put Cena out of commission for a while. Cena made his return at the last PPV and played a part in Owens dropping the NXT Title. This rivalry got personal with Owens reminding the fans that he had supposedly ended Cena's career every week, and now things will come to a head with the US Title on the line.

Wyatt vs. Orton
Too lazy to do any detailed writeups but this one was basically confirmed based on what happened at Battleground. Wyatt just being a creep as usual in the build. Would love to see this feud in real life.

IC Title: Ryback vs. Sheamus
Another obvious match based on what happened at Battleground.

Ziggler vs. Rusev
One of the few feuds I'm shamelessly borrowing from real life.

Tag Titles: New Day issue an Open Challenge
I'm probably overdoing it with Open Challenges but whatever, I already have the team planned out and I think it'd be a cool moment if what I have planned were to happen in real life.

Divas Title: Paige vs. Nikki vs. Brie
Likely the pre-show match. Just total filler and unimaginative booking on my part, admittedly. Can't wait to call up some gals from NXT once I have the draft and more structure to my shows.

Felt bad not having room for Barrett on the show at the moment given I'm trying to push him, but he'll be fine.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote