View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 05:11 PM   #2
James Diesel
Butt Stallion says hello

James Diesel has a great deal of rep (15,000+)James Diesel has a great deal of rep (15,000+)James Diesel has a great deal of rep (15,000+)James Diesel has a great deal of rep (15,000+)James Diesel has a great deal of rep (15,000+)James Diesel has a great deal of rep (15,000+)James Diesel has a great deal of rep (15,000+)
It's a really shitty one if you wanna fix it yourself. You'd actually have to go all the way down to the motherboard and then you'll see a nice ridged brick of metal on top of the GPU. You'll need to clean off the GPU and it's surrounding perimeter with a Q-tip and some solution. Then you gotta lay down some thermal paste around the GPU. (Also, on the back of the board are two metal clamps in the shape of an X. Just go ahead and toss those) So yea that's my prior knowledge of doing it yourself. I accidentally fucked up at one step and just put my foot through it. If you wanna do it yourself that's about the best I know but it's best to just send it in or get the new slim model