View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 11:35 AM   #101
xrodmuc316
RoBOT Reigns

xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
I think it really boils back to WWE being bad. In a good WWE, this would be frustrating, but you also wouldn't have yourself booked into corners with the likes of Carmella and Peyton Royce running around trying to be competitive with your "legit" women.

When Asuka won a Royal Rumble that came down to her and The Bellas, what did you really think would happen? Like, whether she won or lost, you knew that Carmella still had the briefcase and would need to get a run with the blue belt sometime before June, so Asuka was going to have it two months, tops. Like, I get that them being shitty and having all these awful gimmicks and protocols in place doesn't justify bad television, but I don't get how people were optimistic about it. What logically made you think that Asuka beating up Emma and Alexa Bliss was going to feel like really credible pro-wrestling?
We all know that aspect of it, but that still doesn't mean they have to book it so badly.

And why did Carmella have to win just because she had the briefcase? If I am being honest, I would rather have the 1st Royal Rumble winner finish the story than the 1st MITB winner.

And again, this ALL boils down to Asuka changing brands to become a jobber.

WWE called her up to Raw, was sole survivor at Survivor Series, won the Rumble, remained undefeated, spent weeks building towards Asuka vs Alexa, then out of nowhere she goes to Smackdown to be a jobber?

All for what, to accomplish what?

3+ years of building Asuka so they can at the last moment put switch to Nia Jax??

The writers/Vince actually thought THIS was better than the payoff of Asuka's crowning moment at Mania.

Fast forward 4 months and Asuka hasn't even had a match in going out 2
Months.

Is Charlotte anymore over because she beat Asuka, or did she get booed at Summerslam because she has been overplayed?

Is Nia Jax a star, or is she already completely forgotten and just another female on the roster?

They ruined Asuka with the end result being not getting a single other person over.

The only thing that came from it was a short lived return of James Ellsworth, who they didn't even resign.
xrodmuc316 is offline   Reply With Quote