Thread: Ratings Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 10:04 PM   #739
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Laughing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destor View Post
Not at all. The trend exists all over all of television. each network is down in annual views over a 5 year span. Its everywhere and the networks themselves, whi entire profit structure for 30+ years has been based off Neilson, are all acknowledging this. If you want to gloss over that so be it but when CBS drops neilson altogether because THATS how useless they view them you should take notice.

And I've objectively not directly compared them expect when i specifically directly compared and acknowledged that accordingly.

TV has no future and this is a mainstream concept wrestling fans are stubbornly refusing for some reason.
I’m not glossing over anything. I’m not even arguing TV being a dying medium. I’m saying your sports comparison is insanely dishonest. Not only for the reasons I mentioned but ALSO because comparing the ratings of a single game from one year to the next and calling it a “trend” to make the point that major television staples are down around 25% is a asinine.

You realize the NFL’s ratings in general were actually UP last year. Sunday Night Football’s ratings were UP last year. Monday Night Football’s ratings were UP last year. Now if I tried to say “The NFL’s ratings were up last year while WWE’s continued to drop”, Im guessing you’d object to the comparison. Yet you think it’s totally fine to look at the championship games from one year and use those numbers to say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destor View Post
Major television staples are losing nearly 25% of their total audience year to year. With some rough math WWEs decline looks to be between 9-13% less than its key demo competitors
You see the issue here?
#1-norm-fan is offline   Reply With Quote