View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 06:25 PM   #30
Frank Drebin
Large Marge sent me

Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Going to agree with Droford to a degree actually. While I'm sure there are some out there deliberately hating the film because its 4 women, I doubt the vitrol that has been spewed is predominantly because of that. The previews really made it obvious that they didn't try to do anything original with this, they just swapped SNL generations and added 21st century CGI and hoped for the best. They'l go through similar troupes (meeting a calm looking ghost in a library that turns out to be a mean one) and thats not going to do it.

I think the public has reached burnout on nostalgia profiteering to some extent and this movie is just bearing that cross.

The first film captured lightning in a bottle for too many reasons to list, and was never going to be duplicated. If Ghostbusters 2 couldn't hold onto enough elements that made 1 great, how could one thats been run through the process of studio bleaching 30 years later?

I'm sure the movie is ok. Nothing special. Just ok. A good way to kill a couple of hours.
Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote