Thread: Ratings Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2020, 07:36 PM   #1362
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I didn't really buy the sports thing when I heard about it. FOX always knew they were getting the circus. I'd buy the WWE doing something different (I know that sounds laughable) *if* it were something new. Say ESPN or Fox Sports orders a one-hour wrestling show, and they actually went to Vince and said "Hey, we want it to actually be wrestling and separate from your other stuff that we value for entertainment" (if you can call it entertainment). Know what I mean? I can actually buy Vince doing wrestling on the side. Like Southpaw as a promotion without the comedy. Dunno, can just see them getting so far away from wrestling that they decide to do wrestling as a novelty, haha.

When they first did the draft, I was pretty pissed off they didn't bring up The Revival, Gargano & Ciampa and American Alpha to be the tag team base on Raw. I say Raw just because they've got three fucking hours to fill. You send them there, throw in The Usos as a brother team, and you've got four ace teams that can shake things up and be analogous to the SmackDown Six but on Raw. The Usos could turn heel and you could do tags, six-mans, eight-mans, singles, etc. The New Day and Enzo & Cass could have anchored an "entertainment" tag division on SmackDown.

I bring that up because while it's so natural to go with Raw being the entertainment show, it's just the length of it. That's where you put Cesaro doing 20-minute things with guys, because SmackDown is only two hours, so it's easy to keep it snappy. Today, I'd just go with booking around a few people on SmackDown. Roman Reigns, Daniel Bryan and Brock Lesnar seem like natural fits for that to me. You don't need a Randy Orton in that mix, so you can use him on Raw. Bray Wyatt doesn't fit that mix, so you can use him on Raw too. So you go with the guys that have great chemistry with Bryan, Brock and Roman:

* AJ Styles -- great matches with Roman, Brock and can work with Bryan too.

* Finn Balor -- great matches with Brock and could also be there with AJ.

* Shinsuke Nakamura -- still a dream match with Bryan, don't care what anyone else says.

* Sami Zayn -- can do that shit with Nakamura and could also work with Bryan, although Roman and Brock don't really work on paper for me.

* Kevin Owens -- partner to Zayn, great start to a tag division. Working with Styles & Balor would be interesting.

* The Usos -- could go heel with Roman or help him out as faces, whatever. Another great tag team for the show.

* Naomi -- guess that means she's there too, so there's a woman for your division.

See how it all sort of flows and feeds itself? You start with Roman and end up at Naomi, haha. But you don't need Jeff Hardy or Rey Mysterio for that paradigm, so you can just use them on Raw. Andrade works well with Rey and matches with Jeff would actually be pretty interersting too, so you send them to Raw, which means Charlotte Flair for the Raw women's side, as well as Zelina Vega and Aleister Black since those marriages lock them all together.

Just start with a few top guys and build the show around them. Instead they've got these shows and just allocate people to them for no rhyme or reason and they're disjointed. Then things like a draft might actually mean something, because guys would have better identities within the confines of their shows and the rosters having more function means you have to think about it more and move people with plans for them instead of it just being "now you're on the red show."
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote