View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 09:05 PM   #2124
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Random AJ Styles gif:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
After a period of fairly steady growth over the last month or so, SmackDown ratings dropped nine percent last night from the previous week. The show averaged 2.197 million viewers, the lowest audience for SmackDown since July 3 ...

SmackDown retained a smaller-than-usual 78 percent of the Raw audience from the night before, which would lend credence to the speculation that some of that audience was interested in Ronda Rousey's match, not necessarily WWE as a whole.

SmackDown was down 15 percent year-over-year as double digit declines are becoming normal as of late. Over the last 10 weeks, they are averaging an almost 10 percent decline.
Starting to become apparent last year was very likely the peak for Smackdown during the current Brand Split era.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingSideNews.com
Brock Lesnar’s match at SummerSlam could tell a lot about the direction WWE is going to take from this point on. Although Roman Reigns is supposed to be the guy, who knows what Vince McMahon will end up doing?

Joe Peisich said on Barn Burner Radio’s Fired Up podcast that Lesnar had a very interesting meeting with Mr. McMahon last week before Raw.

“I’ll break some news. Brock Lesnar last week had a meeting with Vince and the higher ups with WWE and he has told them that he wants to work with both.”

“He wants to work with WWE and UFC. I don’t know how that’s going to happen, but if Brock does not lose the title at SummerSlam you could see him working for both WWE and UFC. Like I said, I don’t know how that works but he wants to work for both.”

Lesnar’s name is a highly valued commodity in sports so if anyone cold pull off that kind of deal, it would be Lesnar.
Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...275187926?mt=2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
This scenario may not be popular, but what are the chances that Brock Lesnar keeps the title until his UFC match? Would WWE see this as promotion of their champion and their company?

Only Vince McMahon knows what the chances are but to me, I think it would be a really, really bad move. It would hold the Title hostage into next year, plus WWE doesn’t get much, if anything, out of Brock bringing their belt to a real fight, especially if he gets his butt kicked in that fight.
From PWI's weekly Q&A articles.

Quote:
Above, you can see tonight’s Mae Young Classic Parade of Champions starting at 7 p.m. Eastern time, where the full roster of women competing in this year’s tournament will be officially introduced. The first set of tapings is set for tonight at Full Sail University and will continue tomorrow.
Link: https://youtu.be/2yacnc0SUwI

Quote:
With the first night of tapings taking place today, WWE has revealed a few additional details about the 2018 Mae Young Classic ...

There will be a three-person commentary team for the tournament, with Michael Cole, Beth Phoenix, and Renee Young calling the action. Cathy Kelley and Shadia Bseiso, the first Arab woman to sign with WWE as a wrestler, will be the backstage interviewers, and Kayla Braxton will be the ring announcer. Bseiso also has experience working in television.

"A few years ago I was put in charge of all of the announcers in the company," Cole said in an interview with ESPN. "My goal when I took over was to have, for the first time, a full-time female commentator on one of our main shows. That is still my goal today and it led to, for the first time, having two women in the announcing booth for the Mae Young Classic. It blows me away that this is happening because as little as two years ago I would not have seen this happening"
Link: http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/2...ommentary-team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The first pre-sale for Ring of Honor's G1 Supercard in Madison Square Garden moved a huge amount of tickets today. PWInsider.com has been told by ROH sources that the company has already sold out about half of MSG. If you don't factor in the 9/1 All In event, that's a record amount of tickets sold for Ring of Honor and pretty much guarantees that ROH will shatter its existing attendance records. The pre-sale will continue until Friday morning, when the general on sale kicks off at 10 AM EST. Needless to say, ROH is absolutely thrilled.

Meanwhile, the "All Out" pre-show party put together by Pro Wrestling Tees, which will take place outside of the Sears Center Arena on 9/1 before the All In PPV, has already sold out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI/Observer/WrestlingInc
Indies Roundup:
Tickets for the 10/14 Impact Wrestling Bound for Glory 2018 PPV at the Melrose Ballroom in Long Island City, Queens, NY will officially go on sale via Ticketmaster.com on Saturday 8/25 at 1 PM Eastern.

Pentagon Jr. vs. Sami Callihan in a Mexican Death Match has been announced for Impact’s TV tapings at the Rebel Entertainment Complex in Toronto on Sunday.

WWE Hall of Famer and producer Arn Anderson will be appearing at the Midwest Wrestling Elite debut show "Make or Break" on Sunday, September 30 in St. Louis Park, Minnesota. This will be The Enforcer's first-ever Minnesota indie wrestling appearance. Anderson is scheduled to appear in front of the live crowd and he will participate in a pre-show meet & greet.

After Tetsuya Naito defeated SANADA in the G1 this morning, EVIL brought Hiromu Takahashi’s jacket down to the ring. Naito mentioned that Takahashi wasn’t with them and said he doesn’t know whether Takahashi will be back from his neck injury soon or a while from now. He told Takahashi to come back as soon as he can, the Los Ingobernables de Japon members fist bumped, and Naito fist bumped Takahashi’s jacket. Takahashi posted a picture of himself fist bumping the TV screen to join in with the rest of LIJ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Karl Anderson tweeted this morning that he will welcome his newest child today:

Anyways...
Having my 4th son in the morning..
What a #PowerfulBrother I am ????
Love n respect to all of the @WWE fans, and my friends n family Worldwide .. ???? pic.twitter.com/jrpAOoRfhA
— Karl Anderson (@KarlAndersonWWE) August 8, 2018
Link: https://twitter.com/KarlAndersonWWE/...57622682398720

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WOW, Women of Wrestling, will hold their first TV tapings for their weekly series on AXS TV on Wednesday 10/10 and Thursday 10/11 in Los Angeles, CA at the Belasco Theater. Tickets are already on sale via Ticketmaster.com, starting at $25.

AXS TV is handling the production and distribution for the series, which will debut in 2019. Talent scheduled for the taping include Amber O'Neal, Santana Garrett, Barbie Hayden and Katie Forbes.

The series is the latest incarnation of a women's wrestling promotion from David McLane, the original founder of GLOW in the 1980s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
were able to get some quarter-hour breakdowns from Monday’s Raw and this is from an internal WWE report. We were told that the lowest quarter of the show came from 10:30 pm – 10:45 pm, which featured the women’s tag match with Sasha Banks & Bayley vs. The Riott Squad and was listed as doing a 2.0 quarter. That number rose to a 2.2 for 10:45 pm – 11 pm and then up to a 2.5 for the overrun segment, which featured Ronda Rousey’s match with Alicia Fox. The report we were informed about listed the entire show as doing a 2.2 and I’m aware other places reported the show doing a 1.96. Both are basing the number off an average viewership of 2.8 million viewers for the entire episode. My assumption is that the rating is being calculated with a different total number of homes that the USA Network is in to explain the difference, although the rating is being calculated off the same number of viewers. We were not able to get a viewership figure for the Rousey vs. Fox match, only the rating for the overrun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestlingInc
WWE posted this graphic with the top active WWE Superstars with the most Instagram followers, as of today - Ronda Rousey with 11.119 million followers, John Cena with 9.931 million, Triple H with 5.259 million, SmackDown General Manager Paige with 4.848 million and Randy Orton with 4.419 million.
Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BmOmTdjH...ource=ig_embed

Quote:
WWE has a new poll asking fans which SmackDown Superstar plays the strongest mind games. As of this writing, 60% voted for Randy Orton while 18% voted for Samoa Joe, 17% for The Miz and the rest went with SmackDown Women's Champion Carmella.
Quote:
How WWE negotiations are going:

"We started off with the Royal Rumble at the beginning of the year in January. There was another offer on the table to do the Greatest Royal Rumble, and in between those two events, we've been going back and forth in conversations, trying to work out the right deal. It's still up in the air. Nothing [is] secure, yet."
From a recent interview Rey Mysterio had with the Miami Herald: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...-negotiations/

Quote:
ROH did a "10 Questions" with Marty Scurll and asked him about his upcoming match against Kazuchika Okada at "All In" on September 1.

"It's a great opportunity to show the world what I'm capable of," Scurll said. "A lot of times this year I've been in big tag matches or multi-mans, which are fun, but I believe I thrive in singles competition. It's going to be special."
Link: https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/10...s-marty-scurll

Some other sheet news includes:

Some stuff from TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote