View Single Post
Old 10-11-2016, 07:07 PM   #52
Wishbone
I'm a loner, Dottie...

Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
EDIT: Sorry, I didn't really consider how my previous post could be taken as something of a spoiler. I should have spoken more vaguely. Classic internet asshole behaviour.

The discussion on Eddie Guerrero is interesting. Certainly a great all-rounder, but I've probably underrated his cultural significance in the past.

Chris Jericho is a candidate that just doesn't come together for me. Liam, you point out that his babyface work doesn't hold up, which might be it, but there's something that just doesn't work when considering him with the greatest all-rounders of all-time. He's great -- and probably my favorite working today -- but all the elements that make him great seem to exist almost independently of each other. I'm not sure if that makes anything resembling sense.

Someone like Shawn Michaels oozes their character through their ring work constantly. It really tighens him up as an all-rounder. It's hard to say this without sounding like a pretentious internet fan, but Jericho's general work seems to be less "alive" than that. I feel like a twat having said that.
I kinda agree with you on Eddie and Jericho. Something about them just makes it not feel right to put them on a list of the all time "best" all-arounders. Still Eddie is my favorite wrestler of all time, and Jericho is right there near the top of my list too.
Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote