View Single Post
Old 10-13-2021, 09:23 AM   #136
James Steele
TPWW's HHH Mark Since '04

James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect View Post
Taking the absolute biggest break from wrestling that I ever have in my life. It was probably the thing I loved most. People don’t get it and say “wah, wah, wah — don’t watch then.” Well, it’s finally happening. Fuck wrestling.

Fuck AEW.
Fuck WWE.
Fuck the NWA.
Fuck New Japan.
Fuck classic wrestling.

It’s been easier than I suspect. I’ve checked the news a couple of times and listened to some Cornette YouTube clips (not his full show, I’m even off criticism of wrestling). I think I might be properly done soon.

Thanks for the memories, wrestling. You got me through some weird times growing up. But it’s time I realized you haven’t been good to me in a long, long time. Fuck off and don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

The WWE surely gets a lot of the blame, but AEW was it for me. I just can’t. The self-indulgent disregard of there being any sort of art to this. The complete waste of potential. I went from being optimistic about wrestling to seeing so clearly that this is not going to be something a reasonable person can enjoy in record time.

So a special big fuck you to AEW for that. And also fuck TPWW for housing some of the most insecure and gormless little marks. I was right when I said WWE sucked way back, and I am right when I say AEW sucks right now.

I’m off to read some books or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect View Post
I have taken the absolute biggest break from watching wrestling ever. Can’t remember the last show I actually watched. Probably highlights from SmackDown or something. I watched an individual clip from Dynamite, which was an awkward promo between Omega and Danielson where they kept saying “shit.”

Not very good anymore. And it doesn’t seem to be getting better.

And with all that, I’m still one of the most valuable posters here. Keeping the job squad in line and making sure people’s bad takes don’t get past without a scalding.
James Steele is offline   Reply With Quote