Thread: NXT TV Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2020, 04:44 AM   #35
XL
Feeling Oof-y

XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I wasn’t too excited about Cross/Scarlett coming to NXT but their intro was great...until Scarlett started lip syncing, that shit was embarrassing. I liked that the smoke was still in the ring during the match. Not sold on Cross’ submission finish, it’s a chin lock.

Other NXT thoughts from this week...

Most of the action felt like it meant something/had consequences. Gargano/Dijakovic was fine I guess, DD hasn’t really grabbed me as a personality.

Tozawa/Gallagher was a good little match, Tozawa going 2-0 while jobbing on Raw I still can’t wrap my head around.

Interesting little wrinkle with Robert Stone seemingly linking with Aaliyah - another talent who’s been there for years without getting over.

Shirai/Flair was good, shame about the non-finish. Guess we’re getting Shirai/Ripley. Fine with that.

Kushida has been a talent that I’ve also failed to “get into” since his arrival. He is interesting though. Wish they’d do more to get people to invest in the characters of the Cruisers more. Good little match though.

Squash match for Grimes to setup a match vs Bálor. The Bálor situation is intriguing; I was looking forward to Bálor/Dream before they scrapped it. Obviously the Bálor/WALTER match is on hold. Bálor hunting down his attacker is interesting but could move him towards face/tweener territory depending on the outcome. We do however have the Lucha kidnappers attacking people backstage, and Kross started off with that, and Balor’s unresolved issues with Imperium; maybe he should start his investigation with one of those threads?

The Main Event was a bit disappointing.
XL is offline   Reply With Quote