View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 03:13 AM   #238
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Gundam Unicorn is freaking fantastic. The animation is gorgeous. Battles look incredible, and the audio is amazing. The sound effects are thunderous, and really give "weight" to the mechs better than any other gundam series. You get a real appreciation that these are 20+ meter steel machines of death battling it out.
Soundtrack is one of the best I've ever heard for anything, anime or live action.

Still has the typical over the top Gundam melodrama, but I don't mind as much because most of the characters are likeable and endearing. And also because the voice acting is stellar. Not often that I prefer a dub to subtitled, but this is a rare case of the exceptional dub.

Only problem is that you have to slog through Original Gundam, Zeta Gundam, and Char's Counterattack to get a good understanding of the backstory, and the motivations of all the different factions. Though they've condensed the two tv series into movie trilogies. I haven't seen them, but I'd bet the stories hold up better as movies rather than long drawn out tv series.

6 episodes so far and the last will be out spring 2014.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote