View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 04:51 AM   #292
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark One View Post
With Jericho jumping, you have a HUGE signal to just about anyone anywhere that this is a legit option. Whether or not that's true, it's a HUGE sign of belief in it.

Can't be understated how big of a deal that is for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark One View Post
Also yet another interesting bargaining chip in getting NJPW to play ball, in tandem with Omega surprising them by going "Ehhhh... I'm good man. Gonna go play with my friends." (Presumably)
Those two posts are right on the money. This is an amazing sign of faith from Jericho (since Vince is now going to be heartbroken), and it’s a huge “look at how serious we are”. Great bargaining chip for negotiating with New Japan too. Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi will also provide that if they sign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrodmuc316 View Post
Not impressed with Jericho going there, only because he ran his mouth patting himself on the back for YEARS about how he would never work for anybody but Vince.

Just don't brag about something like that and I would be fine with him signing there, but as it is him signing there just means he is full of shit and nothing he says means anything.
1. Jericho is a worker.

2. I don’t know if that’s “bragging.”

3. It might have been true at the time.

4. This says how big his move is

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrodmuc316 View Post
Oh I'm sure Jericho will have a successful run, dude is as close to a sure bet there is in pro wrestling.

That said, it does hurt his credibility.

Neville signing does nothing for me. He is just a rehash character of what he was in WWE, with the addition of WWE held me back. That is the same gimmick every new Impact wrestler had from like 2005-2014.

Neville didn't move the needle as NXT champ, he didn't move the needle upon his WWE callup, and he only moved the needle as a cruiserweight because he actually had a character instead of being a spot monkey guy from the CWC.

If I am being honest, if they want to do something interesting, they need to sign some people that werent already "All In". Otherwise just say off the bat its gonna be the same people and move on.
What do you mean “move the needle”? That seems an odd expression to use for a dude in NXT and on 205 Live when receiving his pushes. Also, he wasn’t “All In”, and they got him. More will come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Smeat View Post
Newest rumor going around the net hints at AEW being very close to getting a tv deal signed and in the range of around $100 million in value.
$100 million is about as high as I thought they could possibly go. Good on them if that is the case. I wouldn’t even want to go as high as Vince, because I think it’s a more effective strategy to make his product overpriced so networks come down on him. That’s going to hurt him (if “hurt” is the right word) way more than anything else.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote