View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 11:45 PM   #58
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destor View Post
I cant think of a single reason not to be hyped for this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
No singing
... and two months later, there is one very, very, very pervasive earworm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destor View Post
6 eps in. This show hits all the right notes. Only flaw is it does assume youre familiar with the lore theres a lot the show doesnt tell you. For me thats fine since i know already but i have to wonder how itll resonate with new audiences.
Seemed okay to me, as I was unfamiliar with the games (The Witcher was always something that I kept relegating to back burners to eventually get around to one day) nor the books (didn't know they were a thing until that lawsuit tiff) and I felt mostly fine. I wouldn't have liked the time jumping thing as much if I hadn't already heard it does that before getting around to watching. I don't mind time skips, but given the nature of characters like Geralt or Yennifer, it was sometimes hard to tell what was a flashback and what wasn't... and I mean like they'll show Geralt doing something, then they'll show him doing something else, but that second thing was years earlier and with zero warning or hint.

I also got an eerie feeling (not a bad one) that made me feel like I was watching a live-action Claymore, and now I realize I wouldn't mind that at all.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote