View Single Post
Old 03-23-2023, 04:27 PM   #6
Destor
I am the cheese

Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drave View Post
Dunno what the code is that you reference. I will say there were an absolute TON of amazing films (and tv shows really) from this period that really, today, go unrivaled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepholio View Post
I think that code was like some kind of regulatory guidelines that the entertainment industry in general had if I remember. I don't even think it was an official thing, more of a wink and a nod and lets all agree to this set of moral standards that won't offend the status quo. When it was dropped is when you see that sudden shift in movies where they became edgier, more violent, started using profanity openly and sex/nudity became commonplace. It's way more in depth than that but I'm just generalizing here. I'm pretty sure that was the Hayes code although maybe I'm confusing the name.
what we have now is more aptly described as a wink and a nod system. The Hays Code was a literal document that could be read and referenced. All the major studios agreed to it as a way to not be regulated by the government. Its closer to the ESRB or the MPAA but instead of private trade group it was a document that governed.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hays_Code
Destor is offline   Reply With Quote