View Single Post
Old 03-26-2023, 12:55 AM   #70
Frank Drebin
Large Marge sent me

Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Just finished. Outperformed all expectations. The unicorn of a show adapted from a game that respected the source material while being able to put little spins on it to keep it fresh. Especially the last episode. Really happy that the ending was the same as the game. It was a great ending where the choice Joel makes can be debated but will never be settled on by everyone. Thats good writing.

Yeah, it wasn't perfect. Ellie was more obnoxious at times than I would have liked but they never went overboard with it or tried to make a "new and improved" flawless version of her.

I even have a glimmer of hope that the success of the show will actually force them to retcon some of the terrible narrative choices made in the second game and we get the film version of what it would have been like if they hadn't fucked it up.

Otherwise it would be interesting to see a new round of people who hadn't played the games be upset at what happens and those of us who have can laugh at them as they were probably the type who made fun of those who had the same reaction years prior.

9/10
Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote