Thread: 100,002 Replies
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2023, 05:18 PM   #1607
Lock Jaw
Loque Ja

Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lock Jaw View Post
Reports say that Warner Bros Discovery is seriously considering rebooting the Harry Potter franchise, starting back at the first book again.

I guess it has been more than a decade since the last one wrapped up.... but it would be super awkward rebooting them. Not like it is a superhero story where they can pick and choose elements and make their own take and their own story.... it would just be the same story with new actors.

The only way I could see it working is a reboot not as a film series but an HBO Max show where they go into deeper detail every school year... can even pad it out with original stuff too...
HBO Max has given a 10-year order for a new Harry Potter TV series. Really "putting the cart before the horse" with a 10-year order.

I just don't know how well it is going to do.... what with JK Rowling being very much "canceled".... but at the same time the Harry Potter movies & cast being so "beloved" that people won't be willing to accept new actors playing the roles.

Between people not wanting to accept new actors/reboot, and people not wanting to support anything new Rowling is involved in, could just be a big "disaster".....
Lock Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote