View Single Post
Old 05-02-2020, 07:17 PM   #4271
Sepholio
3 Dicks Out For Trips

Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Just finished the story for Trials of Mana. On to the post game content they added in that wasn't in the original.

The Trials of Mana (Seiken Densetsu 3 originally, never came to the west) remake is infinitely better than the Secret of Mana remake. They did way better in every single aspect, from the translation to the graphics/sound and especially the gameplay. And they fixed the biggest problem of all from SoM....they actually made it challenging. SoM remake is one of the easiest games I have ever played....this one was easy at first then suddenly it shifted and dodges/timing/pattern recognition became super important. The only thing that isn't tuned well is a spell called ancient curse. Its far too overpowered although it has a ridiculous cast time/mana cost. But if you manage to target it properly and fire it off before getting interrupted it will annihilate every enemy in a regular mob in one move. I actually ignored 2 of my party members and just spammed it with my 3rd and killed the last boss of the campaign in like 45 seconds after it handed my ass to me multiple times in a row trying to fight it straight up.

This new content seems like it might be pretty damn hard tho tbh. The first/easiest mobs at the beginning of the new super dungeon can wipe your whole party in seconds if you get complacent. Gonna try and grind it out tomorrow and see how far I can get but I already know its gonna be a blast. This is a great ARPG to scratch that old nostalgia itch.
Sepholio is offline   Reply With Quote