View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 09:45 PM   #704
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by TPWW's Sheety Awards "Best Wrestler of the Year" Winner:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 12/29 "Hardy New Year" edition of TNA Impact Wrestling garnered 224,000, up in comparion to last week's Year In Review edition of Impact, which brought in 209,000 viewers.

It was still down from the last episode featuring "original" in-ring content, the 12/15 Total Nonstop Deletion episode, which brought in 329,000 viewers.

So, while viewership was up for the Hardy special, they didn't crack the 300 K mark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
A major story involving the New York area is that Charter Communications (Spectrum Cable) and NBC Universal are in a dispute. As of right now, if a new deal isn't reached by midnight tomorrow, when the contract expires, then 16 million homes around the country, including much of New York, will be without not only NBC but MSNBC, Bravo, E!, USA and Syfy. I've seen some stuff to rally people against the cable company and in pushing shows people won't be able to see, they have mentioned Raw, Smackdown ad Total Divas. Usually these things get worked out because the contract would expire before Sunday Night Football which is a huge show.
Thought this was pretty interesting considering WWE would be losing their big historical hotspot if this happens.

Quote:
There is a weird story as a Go Fund Me was set up for John Yurnet, who wrestled on Tuesday night's 205 Live show against Mustafa Ali and apparently blew his knee out. He's trying to raise $10,000 in medical expenses for an MRI and surgery. As of this morning they had raised $1,995. It's weird because WWE usually covers injuries to talent, but Yurnet is not under a WWE contract, although he wrestled in a WWE ring. There is also a lot of talk that Yurnet was injured before the match and not on the first spot of the match as was first said.
Quote:
There was a brief injury scare with Bo Dallas last night in Boston. The report was that they stopped his match early and the ref gave an "X" sign, but he seemed okay after because his gimmick all week is that after losing in a multiple person match, he then challenges anyone from the back to come out and refuses to leave the ring. Big Show then knocks him out. And after the match was stopped, he did recover and issued the challenge spot.
Quote:
New Japan announced that Masahiro Chono would be doing Japanese commentary for Wrestle Kingdom 11.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Speaking of Wrestle Kingdom 11, here is the announced lineup:

*IWGP Heavyweight champion Kazuchika Okada vs. Kenny Omega.

*IWGP Intercontinental champion Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Tetsuya Naito.

*NEVER Openweight champion Katsuyori Shibata vs. Hirooki Goto.

*IWGP Junior Heavyweight champion KUSHIDA vs. Hiromu Takahashi.

*ROH champion Kyle O'Reilly vs. Adam Cole.

*IWGP Tag Team champions The Guerrillas of Destiny vs. Great Bash Heel vs. Toru Yano & Tomohiro Ishii.

*Cody Rhodes vs. Juice Robinson

*IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team champions The Young Bucks vs. Roppongi Vice.

*NEVER Openweight Six Man Tag Team champions Satoshi Kojima & Ricochet & David Finlay vs. BUSHI & EVIL & SANADA vs. CHAOS' Jado & Will Ospreay & YOSHI-HASHI vs. The Bullet Club's Hangman Page & Yujiro Takahashi & Bad Luck Fale.

*Tiger Mask W vs. Tiger The Dark.

*The usual pre-show Legends Rumble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
This past Wednesday at the Raw event in Brooklyn, NY, Kevin Owens heckled a fan in the audience by bragging about what he had made in the last week even breaking down the figures for each revenue stream, all while holding Roman Reigns in a headlock to the point that Reigns broke character and cracked up, as seen in a fan video below:

Owens was yelling at people and Roman could not stop laughing ???????????? pic.twitter.com/FxxJ6ISWQw
— jessica (@jesssberkowitz) December 29, 2016

That led to a back and forth between Owens and Reigns on Twitter in which Reigns claimed he was actually laughing at how little Owens made in comparison to what Reigns makes in merchandise sales.

John Cena stepped in this morning, lowering the boom on Reigns with the following:

While @WWERomanReigns was making fun of what people earn I was at @GeorgiaTechFB to #EarnTheDay #recognize pic.twitter.com/xbxlZuO0uR
— John Cena (@JohnCena) December 30, 2016
Reigns ended up responding to Cena's tweet against him: https://twitter.com/WWERomanReigns/s...44037111091200

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Bobby Fish vs. Lio Rush has been added to the 2/4/17 Dallas, Texas return, so obviously ROH and Fish plan to continue working together if they don't come to terms on a new contract in the next 24 hours. It's also possible they will sign an extension of the old terms as they continue negotiating, something not all that unusual.
Quote:
A MAJOR toy company has denied shocking claims one of its WWE wrestler masks looks like the Yorkshire Ripper.

The Entertainer shot down concerns that the Roman Reigns mask on sale across the country resembles Peter Sutcliffe.

The infamous serial killer was convicted of murdering seven women and trying to kill seven others.

A worried parent contacted the Sun after seeing the toy gift in a Touchwood Shopping Centre in Solihull, Birmingham. He was convinced the mask looked the murderer who terrorised prostitutes during the 1970s and 1980s.

He said: “I spotted the mask in store on 25 November 2016 when with my son, who obviously had no idea why I was so interested in the mask, I even asked his mother who was with us, to take a look.

“I said to her think of a serial killer, and showed her the mask, without hesitation, and in an instant she said ‘The Yorkshire Ripper’.

“The mask looks nothing like the actual WWE wrestler, and I have shown a close up the mask to friends and they all said ‘The Yorkshire Ripper’.

“I think if this mask was taken onto the streets, and people were asked what serial killer does this mask look like, I think most would name Peter Sutcliffe, The Yorkshire Ripper.

“I do feel it should be removed from sale as the resemblance is too close to that of the Ripper, and could upset those associated with the case" ...

The Entertainer released a statement stating it had no plans to remove the mask from its store.

It read: “The Roman Reigns mask was produced for WWE by toy manufacturer, Jakks Pacific and The Entertainer toy shop is one of many retail stockists across the UK.

“We have received no other comments regarding the resemblance of this mask to other people, and there are no plans to de-list it from our shops across the UK

The manufacturer Jakks Pacific added: “The Roman Reigns WWE Mask & Muscle Dress up set includes a mask and costume based on the popular WWE wrestler, Roman Reigns, and designed with his likeness in mind. This is clearly stated on the fully WWE branded packaging of the product where an image of Roman is also displayed.”
Link to the news article: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/244956...ter-sutcliffe/

Some other sheet news includes:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote