View Single Post
Old 02-12-2022, 09:40 PM   #1034
Destor
I am the cheese

Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
the finale was very good. im about to write a very critical post but over all i did enjoy the show and the finale felt like star wars and thats something the recent trilogy and mando havent done very well (mando is great but it feels like a western not star wars and that plays to its advantage in many ways but thats another convo all together.)

boba has dozens of issues.

the first is the mandolorian. amazing show. they gave us the boba fett show we always wanted...and then after giving is the boba fett show we always wanted...they gave us a boba fett show...k...?

sounds fine on paper i suppose but mando is and does everything we want from boba. so now we have to differentiate boba from his derivative but the derivative is more popular and more established now so the derivative lays claim to all the traits that make boba fett boba fett.

so...fuck. ok. lets write a rebirth angle and allow boba fett to become a new version of himself. thats the ticket...except now boba isn boba..mando is boba...so why make a boba show at all? we like green better than silver?

so now we exist in this bizarre paradox probably forever. i dunno.

also regarding mando

SPOILER: show
reuniting with grogu is a mistake. the character is marketable and popular but he reached a wonderful end to his story and to undo all that is a major misstep and i really wish they'd not done it. does s2 of mando have a point at all npw? its fun and heart warming to see them reunited but unless we're about to get some mando and grogu buddy cop stories i dont know what theyre thinking.

im on board but these are issues that are on my mind.

oh and those 1950s space mopeds are gay af.
Destor is offline   Reply With Quote