View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 08:35 PM   #167
Destor
I am the cheese

Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD View Post
That's absurd. Not being old enough (to what btw? Gauge public review of the first trilogy to contrast the new ones? What?) didn't mean I wasn't able to understand initial criticisms of the prequel trilogy. Anymore than it makes me unable to review Prometheus in the context of the Alien saga because 'I didn't exist when Alien launched'. That is a piss poor dodge to excuse whatever issues I have when a long enough franchise starts skirting its own ruleset.

Nor is it even the save you want it to be; by today's story telling telling standards Rey would still be poorly written in TFA, Snoke would still be panned as a wasted villain (something no franchise even the MCU can get away with), and the retooling of how the Force works becomes nonsensical. Taken in a vacuum, it still doesn't work. So miss me with the 'you were too young to get it, but you're also now too old for it' line. Please. That alone is inconsistent.

You like it or accept it. Cool. Whatever. But don't go pretending we (Kalyx and Fignuts!) don't understand something about Star Wars. You are much better off saying you like it and don't care about things we're pointing out.
On NUMEROUS occasions it has been claimed in this thread that somehow this is different than palpatine. And it absolutely isnt. The only thing that has changed is you. The aging viewer. Who clearly has no concept now as to who the demo is. Yiu are older, grumpier to boot, and think this film needs to gear itself toward a more die hard audience.

It doesnt. Infact it would probably kill the franchise. The films have never been for hardcore staf wars nerds, a fact the star wars nerds have never been able to get a good grip on.

If you dont nerd rage for palpatine you cant for snoke. The standards,despite your best claims, havent changed. I know this because ever kid in the theater fucking loved the film.

If the franchise isnt for you anymore than just admit it. But dont ask it to change to suit your ever changing needs.
Destor is offline   Reply With Quote