View Single Post
Old 10-18-2020, 03:14 AM   #1
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
ROH Pure Title Tournament

Went ahead and got a month of Honor Club to check this out. I'm two episodes into it, and I'm really liking it a lot. I don't know if it's their new overall style, or just for the tournament, but they've switched to a pure sports presentation. Sit down promos where the wrestlers comment on their history and their opponent in a similar vein to MMA and Boxing.

Because of the limited rope break ruleset, the wrestling is centered around submissions, mat based technical wrestling and working over body parts. I've seen 4 matches and so far it's never slowed down too much, and there hasn't been any other 90 mile an hour shit. It's all been a nice even pace.

Commentary is fantastic. Ian Riccaboni has a sportscaster cadence that obviously fits the presentation really well, and Caprice Coleman does a good job of chiming in with the perspective of an in ring competitor.

I would reccomend anyone looking for something a little different to check this out. Or if you just like technical/submission style stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Gecko View Post

He's like aw shit!
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote