View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 08:19 AM   #41
Seanny One Ball
World Class References

Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Guycott View Post
There is a glaring difference in "not sharing love" and denying how pivotal and influential the film was.

I'm a far bigger fan of Clockwork Orange or Full Metal Jacket, and think 2001 down there with the first Star Trek movie in terms of being pretty flippin' boring, but this is one of those flicks that the cinematography touched a lot of correct nerves in a lot of correct people, much how Citizen Kane or the original Birth of a Nation did ages before for movies period, or Blade Runner in science fiction in particular.
Quote my vitriol on the topic of 2001: A Space Odyssey please. I initially thought you were being sarcastic because I don't see any bitter criticism or malice towards 2001 in here.

I think what has happened here is that you are another fanboy who gets upset when people don't just accept that your views are the truth and you have chosen to accuse me of something despite being unaware of its definition.

That would be stupidity. You are guilty of stupidity in here.

2001 did not exclusively influence every single sci fi film made in the decade afterwards.

Are you deliberately being a thick bastard?
Seanny One Ball is offline   Reply With Quote