View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 12:23 AM   #310
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Smeat View Post
Helps that both actually have some real direction on RAW unlike other callups on the main roster.

Moon's problem is she got hurt at the worst time possible in NXT and Asuka being way more popular in the women's division. By the time it was her turn to lead the division, NXT Creative didn't have much for her in terms of ideas and a short window to be the top star because of Baszler.
They both kinda got fucked because of injury.

I actually think Ember was supposed to be the one to kill the streak before Asuka hit the main roster, but the injuries to both parties monkeywrenched that. Instead of being able to have a proper build and give Athena that total badass rub, it kinda fell apart.

I feel like Baszy-Basz was kind of an incidental, not a cause. I still think they had the idea of Deville < Baszler < Rousey in the frame of "We'll make our own MMA-type star... wait, we can get an actual MMA girl? Okay, lets start training... oh, the Rousey deal is going to work? Okay!" Consequence of which is that they just threw Deville in one of the carbon copy stables and hoped nobody would notice, and just kinda left Shayna to find her way because they landed the big fish they wanted in the first place. Luckily for everyone, she isn't one-dimensional. Baszler fell into a great ass groove of total smug cunt who has the legitimacy to back herself up, yet can turn around and play chickenshit heel.

On topic: I hate to say it, but let's see how long Ember's direction lasts. WWE doesn't have a great track record with cultivating good things for the long haul, and like to rub all the shiny off the new thing in a couple of short months with oversaturation, then let them fuck off to oblivion and tell them it's their fault they're not being seen.

Last edited by Tom Guycott; 06-12-2018 at 04:41 AM. Reason: I didn't put spaces between the "<", so it omitted part of the sentence.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote