View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 12:45 AM   #16
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Top Three

1. WrestleMania X-7

I sometimes try and quantify what makes this show so good. I mean, it seems really obvious to people, but are Jericho vs. Regal, Guerrero vs. Test, RTC vs. APA & Tazz, the Hardcore Triple Threat and Chyna vs. Ivory really things worth mentioning on one of the greatest cards of all-time? Yet they are. I dunno, this just feels like a show where the sum of all the parts is greater than all the parts, but then the good parts are all really good. Plus, the show just has a great vibe to it. Felt like it could explode into something else, because wrestling was cooling a bit.

2. WrestleMania X

Bret vs. Owen and Shawn vs. Razor. I have fond memories renting this on VHS as a kid and not really knowing anything about it and just loving how that show started and then just going on that wild wrestling ride. I only really check in for Bret vs. Owen and the Ladder Match now, but something about the show, and it being in MSG, just feels...right.

3. WrestleMania 21

Gotta throw this one in there. I fucking loved this show, and the trailers leading up to it, and Batista's turn. I liked the idea of Eddie and Rey having a match. Angle vs. Michaels had my purse wet. I was still enough of a mark for Ladder Matches that Money in the Bank was actually something I was really looking forward to. HATED JBL vs. Cena and everything about it, and could not have given a flying fuck about Akebono, but eh -- they still feel, in theory, like matches that had an appeal to someone somewhere.

WrestleMania XXX might have made my top three once upon a time, but it doesn't hold up to me just because of what jack and shit it means. The Shield dominated, but now Roman Reigns is actually my de facto favorite member. Cesaro had this awesome moment, but what the fuck has his career been? Daniel Bryan's rise to the top was a feel-good cap to a horrible push and something they tried to kill and now he's just a (very talented) guy.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote