View Single Post
Old 04-26-2020, 05:39 PM   #71
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XL View Post
Oh, are we doing the intervention now?

Noid, I love your booking. Give us a long format rundown of one thing you’d do to make whatever company you’d like just a little bit better.
I'm not going to do a long format rundown. I don't have the passion for that anymore. But I did have this pipe-dream that The Rock's production company would start their own federation and get a billionaire like Mark Cuban to help prop them up. And I don't like to disappoint, so here we go:

They'd poach JR and MJF from AEW and have JR and Barnett do commentary. I think I called them the Ultimate Pro-Wrestling Federation or something. They were promoted as more authentic, raw-boned pro-wrestling. Rock would do promotion leading up to it identifying that people are sick of the cartoons on the right and are insulted by the clowns on the left. He's bringing wrestling back, yadda, yadda.

They were largely the best of ROH, the NWA and MLW. Rock opened the show and MJF interrupted him to talk about how Rock's off back to Hollywood as soon as he gets these people's money and MJF is the star that is actually going to carry this thing on his back. Rock dares him to get in the ring with him right now and MJF points out he has a match later on tonight. I think I had it against Ricky Starks, but you can basically make it any babyface you want.

Jim Cornette appears with FTR and cuts a promo about how tag team wrestling is sweeter than the sweet science and the ego is in the team. He's created the best tag teams in wrestling and now he's found the heirs to that throne. The current best team? The Briscoes. So in order to be the best, FTR need to take them apart and send them back to Papa Briscoe piece-by-piece.

Tessa Blanchard kills some bitch dead. If you can get her out of her WWE contract (doubtful), Ronda Rousey is shown in the crowd and asked about what she thinks of Tessa, and she says she's got a long way to go.

There's a hype promo for Tom Lawlor coming in. They do the MLW thing Cornette did when he pointed out he was an achievement fighter. As they interview legends about him, someone slips in the line that he's the sort of guy that you think you've got the answers to, but then he changes the questions. Just to place that seed of connection in people's minds.

In the main event angle, MJF can't put the babyface away, so he gets himself disqualified instead of getting pinned himself. Suddenly, Alexander Hammerstone and Richard Holliday hit the ring and beat the piss out of the babyface too. The Dynasty is back together in the UPWF. The Rock hits the ring and starts firing up on the heels, and tosses them out of the ring. MJF slides out on his own instead of fighting The Rock and the heels look to regroup and charge again when Jacob Fatu hits Rock from behind. The Dynasty back off immediately letting the audience know they are not in on this.

Fatu gets a steel chair and blasts Rock over the head with it. Ideally, Rock would be able to get a bit of color here. Fatu beats the piss out of his relative and the babyface The Dynasty was beating up tries to protect Rock a bit, but gets beat down himself. Show goes off the air with security coming out to try and stop Fatu without actually wanting to get anywhere near him.

What these segments establish:

* Rock is the biggest star in Hollywood and gives this promotion his blessing. He's not above getting physical.

* MJF is a cocky prick that thinks he's going to be the next mega-star of wrestling. But he's also a bit of a chickenshit.

* There's tag team wrestling in this promotion, it's actually going to tell stories and you've got a heel manager on a mission to destroy a top babyface team. You've also fleshed out the world of The Briscoes a tiny bit and have introduced a potential FTR & Cornette vs. Briscoes & Papa Briscoe gimmick down the line.

* There's women's wrestling in this promotion. It has a clear star who knows what the fuck she is doing, she's a bad-ass and kind of like this wrestling's analogue to Ronda Rousey. You've also potentially sown the seeds for a Tessa Blanchard vs. Ronda Rousey match down the line.

* There's this unpredictable guy with an MMA background coming.

* MJF and a babyface get a chance to work. MJF looks good, but slimy and dangerous. The babyface looks resilient and has issues with them going forward. You've introduced new heel lackeys going forward, but they're lackeys that look good and are probably going to mean something.

* Rock gets physical, which is always something special. He's also gotten laid out by a monster heel, completely separate from the rat pack, who has a personal mission and has made enemies with both Rock and the full-time babyface.

* End in chaos with a hook for the next episode.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote