View Single Post
Old 05-13-2020, 07:16 PM   #1329
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
WWE has revealed that the major announcement on tonight's NXT will be made by Triple H and Shawn Michaels.
Link: https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/12...670192128?s=20

Quote:
Impact Wrestling has unveiled the newest member of its Knockouts division.

It was announced this morning that Tasha Steelz has signed with Impact Wrestling. After appearing for Impact in a battle royal last year, Steelz had her second match for the promotion on last night's Impact. She lost to Kylie Rae.
Quote:
NJPW released a video this morning with President & CEO Harold Meij providing a roadmap that will eventually lead to the resumption of shows. You can watch it below:

Meij first detailed why they have not conducted empty arena matches, as other promotions have since the spread of COVID-19. He listed three reasons they have yet to do this: to protect the health and safety of wrestlers and staff, venues being unavailable to use for NJPW events and NJPW’s own corporate social responsibility.

He went on to say that the first step towards resuming shows will be to hold empty arena events. However, Meij said that this will not happen until the following: when Japan lifts its country-wide state of emergency, the number of new infections decline, and when matches can take place in disinfected and safe settings. When events do resume, they will take place both in Japan and in the NJPW Los Angeles dojo.

The next step would be to welcome back fans with added measures. These steps will include extensive health checks on wrestlers and staff, thermographic temperature upon entry, and masks will be compulsory. Venues will be thoroughly disinfected and ventilated, and proper social distancing spacing will be implemented.

Meij ended the message by promising that NJPW won’t be beaten by the disease and urged every pro wrestling fan to come together and overcome this challenge.
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgheBtvAwGU

Quote:
Details emerged Wednesday on why XFL commissioner Oliver Luck was fired by WWE chairman and league founder Vince McMahon four days before it shut down operations, courtesy of the Sports Business Journal.

McMahon fired Luck for "gross neglect" and Luck filed a lawsuit soon thereafter to reclaim some of money lost by his surprise dismissal. Luck's contract called for a $5 million annual salary and a $2 million bonus.

In pre-trial filings, McMahon's legal team listed "gross neglect of his job during the COVID-19 pandemic", "personal use of a league-assisted cellphone", and the signing of a former NFL receiver with previous legal issues despite McMahon's previous orders to avoid doing so.

Also in the filings, McMahon claimed that Luck left the XFL's Connecticut headquarters for his home in Indiana and "disengaged" from the league's operations.

The suit read, “Put simply, at the very moment when his leadership as CEO was needed most, Luck did not devote substantially all of his business time to the XFL, as required by his contract."

Despite the XFL filing for bankruptcy, McMahon personally guaranteed Luck's contract through his Alpha Entertainment parent LLC, ensuring Luck could sue McMahon rather than go through U.S. bankruptcy court as a creditor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The former Erick Rowan opened a Pro Wrestling Tees store under the name Erick Redbeard, so that may be the name he will be using post-WWE. He also changed his twitter handle to that name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
In-ring action will return to 205 Live this Friday as the company taped two weeks worth of episodes this week. The show will remain 30 minutes in length.
Bet WWE still won't put any Interim Cruiser tournament matches on 205 Live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
In regard to the buzz about Sting potentially coming to All Elite Wrestling, PWInsider.com has been told by several sources close to Sting that he will not be the person who presents the TNT Championship to the winner of Cody vs. Lance Archer at the AEW Double or Nothing PPV, which is something we have been asked a lot about in the last 24 hours. As I noted a few days ago, Mattel has pulled Sting from future WWE action figure line releases as he is no longer available to them, likely due to the end of his contractual agreements with WWE. WWE did not respond to a request regarding his relationship with the company. Sting has been tweeting of late about AEW, which Cody has responded to. It appears to be Cody smartly trying to get some buzz for the company right now, but that doesn't mean something can't happen later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
In response to WWE announcing he has been stripped of the Intercontinental Championship, Sami Zayn tweeted:

I disagree with this decision and no matter what anyone says, I am still undefeated and therefore still the Intercontinental Champion. -SZ https://t.co/SUFsBFeRDB
— Sami Zayn (@SamiZayn) May 13, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
NBA star Enes Kanter today stated that he has a standing offer for a WWE contract and intends to take the company up on it once his NBA career concludes:

Celtics center @EnesKanter told our NBA Insider @ShamsCharania he has been offered WWE deal and plans to accept after career.

Kanter also discussed his public approach with his native Turkey, Russell Westbrook's policy for opponents and more. pic.twitter.com/gOvZhfYGae
— Stadium (@Stadium) May 13, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
PROGRESS Wrestling in the UK issued a statement this morning, announcing they were cancelling all of their summer plans due to the COVID-19 pandemic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
In an interesting note, last week’s episode of AEW Dynamite had 356,000 viewers in the 18-49 demo and 732,000 viewers overall. While they had fewer viewers than the Ladder Match special on Fox, they did top WWE in the demo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
For all the shows tonight, there will be big competition with the finale of ‘Survivor: Winners at War’ airing on CBS at 8 pm Eastern.
That show and UFC's Fight Night show on ESPN's streaming service probably going to do some serious damage to NXT and AEW's numbers tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Much like his enemy Brock Lesnar, Matt Riddle doesn't want the product.

On Monday's WWE Raw, Drew McIntyre announced a "brand-to-brand invitation" that would allow superstars to appear on separate brands. Charlotte Flair will be on Friday's SmackDown while King Corbin will face McIntyre on Monday's Raw.

Speaking to Pro Wrestling Sheet, Matt Riddle was asked if he would like to take advantage of the invitation and appear on Raw or SmackDown.

"Yeah, I would. You know what, I should have been watching the product last night. I had no idea. Yeah, that’s a great idea. I hope I get a call soon and they let me wrestle up there a little bit. That would be fantastic."

When asked about throwing out a challenge of his own, Riddle said, "Definitely. Even in NXT, there’s so many matches I haven’t gotten yet. Same thing on the main roster. There’s so many match-ups with people, so many talented individuals. For me, I feel like the possibilities are endless. I just want an opportunity. I think I’m going to get it. Who knows?! I didn’t even know about this [Brand to Brand Invitational]! That’s a great idea."

Riddle wasn't exactly sure how the brand-to-brand invitation works. WWE hasn't made any kind of official announcement on the rule outside of McIntyre's promo on WWE Raw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Tessa Blanchard has blurred the lines in wrestling becoming the IMPACT World Champion and proving that women can compete with men. But in AEW and WWE, intergender wrestling is a bit more taboo. WWE has rarely had men and women interact in the ring over the past decade while AEW has done one intergender match (Kenny Omega & Riho vs. Kip Sabian & Penelope Ford), which aired on AEW Dark.

Appearing on Busted Open Radio, AEW Women's Champion Nyla Rose weighed in intergender wrestling in AEW.

"I don't look at it so much as 'the confines.' I think there's power in that. There's power in having a 'women's division.' Representation, showing we can break down barriers and carry a show. There's absolute power in that. I don't see anything wrong in having the separation. [Intergender matches] are something that have always happened, I would love to see more of that on the bigger stage, but that's not my call. Hopefully, down the line, we will see a tide shift," she said.

There has been little to no mention of intergender wrestling on AEW since the Dark match on the Chris Jericho Cruise. When AEW first started, Brandi Rhodes said intergender wouldn't be something fans would see out of the gate, but that AEW would be open-minded to the idea.

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote