Thread: Ratings Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2021, 10:10 PM   #2907
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Like, when it comes to NXT 2.0 and how “old” that audience is: NXT is still shown on the WWE Network, right? I haven’t kept up to date on that story, but do we know how many younger people are watching NXT 2.0 through their PlayStation or whatever? Yet we have such this clear narrative that Vince and Bruce are “failing” with this thing. For all we know, NXT is more profitable to the USA Network with its PG rating and connection to the WWE brand than Dynamite is to TNT with its higher ratings but with the revenue split. Never mind how valuable NXT 2.0 could be to NBC Universal in general in addition to that.

Way more fun to point and laugh at this product that is testing out greener guys, both behind the camera and in front of it, without overexposing them, and calling it an out of touch failure.

The framing of the ratings drives me nuts, lol. But it is fun to point out that allegedly “hip” product managed to climb to 1.2 million people and is now closer to half of that. I’ll admit to enjoying a bit of schadenfreude. And it’s always a nice feeling when you get proven right about something, lol.

Thanksgiving Eve? Okay, I get that is likely going to be down. People might be on the road. I mean, when wrestling is hot Thanksgiving was a pretty huge night for it. And as many people as you have on the road, you’re also going to have people chilling out in front of the TV in anticipation for a holiday too. But to be DOWN from even that? Can people just admit there is something that this product is or isn’t doing that isn’t connecting with as many wrestling fans as it could be?

If you like it? Fine. But stop telling me it’s “hot” or that it’s growing an audience.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote