View Single Post
Old 12-29-2018, 12:11 PM   #967
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I'd agree with that, and I can understand why it happened. I think Jericho vs. Omega was a complete dream match in the eyes of many within the IWC. Couple that with Naito becoming popular and everyone thinking he'd go over Okada and those two matches alone generated a huge buzz.

Now a year later, Jericho's still there, no longer a new face in the picture. Can't call Jericho/Naito a dream match when it already happened in June, and Naito himself has been cooled a bit by still never getting his crowning moment.

And in the main, Omega/Tana should be a great match but it just doesn't have the steam Okada/Naito had. They've also kinda booked themselves into a corner. If Tana wins, it means Omega's title run will have ended having lacked any real big moment, he peaked upon winning the title. If Omega wins, that means that yet again the G1 winner has failed to win the title.

Also in consideration - is Kenny leaving or not? I don't think we'll know until the end of January. Also, would Gedo even be willing to have a gaijin win in the main event of Wrestle Kingdom?
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote