View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 10:26 PM   #403
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
I hear what you're saying, but I think we disagree on the semantics of "big star." And I think you're putting the cart before the horse in relation to them basing this division around her. Are you sure it's a case of "This Purrazzo woman is AMAZING! We NEED to build an entire division around HER!" and not "We're going to do something with women. Which women are available to us?" And if she was that valuable, wouldn't she be under some sort of fixed contract? I knew that ROH finally got a women's champion, but I didn't realize that it was drawing them any big money or anything.
That's pretty much the reason they signed her for in 2015. She was used as a showcase for women's wrestling in ROH and eventually lead to bigger things for them afterwards.

In terms of status or drawing power, they are probably comparable to early NXT's women's era or TNA/Impact's early Knockouts era. Its something still building up its rep and hasn't reached a critical Sasha-Bayley NXT moment yet.

At least with her last contract, it was a fixed one but for some reason ROH also included an opt out clause for her. She might also be more of the Kota Ibushi type in terms of sticking around in companies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
Yeah, I've not felt any major interest coming out of this Women of Honor thing. It feels like something they could scrap tomorrow and no one would really give a shit.
That's mainly due to ROH's booker being terrible with his handling of it to the point there were rumors Stardom was considering backing out of their partnership deal.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote