View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 04:26 PM   #822
DAMN iNATOR
Rigged from the start

DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Guycott View Post
Anytime I play, I rarely ever fast travel. Even when I do, it's more for practicality sake for the game engine (even if I go three or more days at a time, encounter trigger spots seem not to respawn anything unless I actually fast travel and happen by that spot again). Otherwise, I would always travel overland just to see what wacky shit whatever character escaped Helgen can get into. I should fire it up again soon.
I'm trying to imagine you taking your character on a nice long walk from, let's say Markarth to Winterhold. I tried to use fast-travel sparingly too, but I'll be damned if I'm going to walk all the way or maybe even half or more of the way across the map for ANY reason, let alone a quest.

Also, yeah, the issue with save files and Bethesda games are definitely not one of their more lovable quirks and oh how I was reminded of it the other day playing a new character through the Broken Steel DLC the other night. Was doing the bit where you go to Adams AFB and wrap things up, only for the game to hard freeze on me after what couldn't be more than 10-15 minutes. Such a pain in the ass to try to have to save every literal minute.
DAMN iNATOR is offline   Reply With Quote