View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 12:12 AM   #36
Tom Guycott
Wrestling Marks Rejoice!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
Yeah, pretty sure that Bryan has been right as rain forever. He was kept out of the ring because they never wanted him to get as hot as he did, it cleared a path for homegrown stars that won't entertain going to New Japan instead of choosing them, and it looked good for PR reasons when being sued for concussions.
The whole situation with WWE and DB seems weird to me, though. They like the guy enough to "fire" him over some public relations bullshit, wait out his non-compete, then rehire him with a "thank you for not slagging us off and being a good sport about this" midcard title run, but then end up ignoring/actively derailing his organic upward momentum, then, keep him around and pay him huge wads of cash to not do the thing he loves doing. Aside from my theory of "toy collecting", I don't get it.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote