View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 05:27 PM   #36
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy Victim Vito View Post
I doubt anybody including Marty himself thought a contract like this from ROH would’ve been possible. It was a no-brainer for him to take it.

7 figure salary to work 40 dates, booking responsibilities, and continuing to stay as a top card guy whereas in AEW I think he would’ve stayed behind Jericho, Mox, Cody, MJF, Kenny and others.

Good for the guy. Interested in seeing how it works out.
It’s not a bad deal, but it’s not something that couldn’t be duplicated. AEW absolutely could have matched it. Then Scurll would be on TV in front of a lot more people. WWE would have matched it. They would absolutely want a dude with all that potential to choose them.

I think too much is made of positioning. He’d behind Jericho? Yeah, but so? Jericho has been sharing a ring with Jungle Boy, MJF and Marko fucking Stunt. They need more quality in their mid-card and people to bring along. Being the best thing outside the immediate main event could be a great thing. And guys like Mox and Cody are going to need people to feud with when they’re done with their current programs.

Not saying the ROH isn’t great. I’m just not sure it’s a no-brainer.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote