View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 02:36 AM   #54
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Fan View Post
He'd have to be used to unseat Hogan as the lead of the NWO as Bret really should have if they wanted to go that way. Overall I don't think it changes anything other than Shawn not taking the casket bump and not having to retire early on the WCW side. WWF would have seen some changes with Bret hanging around but I still think Austin, Rock, and HHH out do him.
Hogan was never going to play ball with Bret. It's doubtful he would have with Shawn, but he'd be dealing with someone that might have had more of a backstage backing and someone that might have been able to manipulate Hogan back into being a face and edging himself out more.

Shawn's back injury was exaggerated. He did get the surgery, but his personal problems were keeping him away from a proper comeback. I think he was working matches in 2000.

If Shawn manages to get a hold in WCW, no way HHH doesn't jump. He signed a five-year deal once he knew the WCW ship was sinking, or he was at least hedging his bets and playing Pascal's wager a little bit. If Vince went broke, he could always go to WCW. But I don't think he outdoes Bret in the WWF if Shawn is not there to be the top guy and they actually need to lean on him a bit. Without Shawn to buddy up to, he probably finds himself without allies and may not get out of the mid-card there.

God damn, a Bret vs. Rock feud could have been tremendous.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote