View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 11:41 PM   #73
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
I think Renee is really miscast in the broadcast booth. She is a great interviewer and she shined on Talking Smack. Covering matches though just hasn't been her forte...with one, single exception being her and Tom Phillips/Saxton at the opening bout of MITB. She gelled really well with those two.
This is just speculation on my part, but I think the reason why she isn't great in the booth is the in-ear micromanagement. She started out okay when she first got there, but the quality has declined. How do you get "worse" with practice?

That's actually an across-the-board problem with main roster commentary. Vince should just take his ass back out there in the blue sportcoat and "whatamaneuver" his way through the broadcast. If not, let them breathe and become their own broadcasters. Remember, with Talking Smack, everyone there was in full DILLIGAF mode, since it was clear nobody important in the company watched it, and half of the promos were like 80s style "just go out there and talk them into the seats" natural speaking instead of some contrived, prewritten, overproduced, nonsense script.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote