View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 12:15 AM   #12
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
I feel like Goldberg never felt he had to get better in the ring. His matches were typically short and he could make those so intense and believable. But once he got into longer matches, especially with other stars who had to get their stuff in, he would always gas out and be lost. Somebody should have worked with him and teach him how to go 10 or more minutes.
Well, that's what happened with Regal... and he got shit for it afterwards.

"Go out there and have a competitive match with him."

:match happens:

"Wait, how *dare* you make the golden goose look like shit with a competitive match instead of a normal squash!"

I did like the narrative from both the match itself and the announce team that Regal was wily and dangerous, and Goldberg was used to flattening less crafty fighters. I had no problem with him taking some effort to beat Lord Steven.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote