View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 08:59 PM   #47
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I had a general knowledge of the territories (like I knew that The Rolling Stones are a band that formed in the 60's), but I never really dived in and got an understanding of the particulars until I listened to Corny. There are some ideas that would genuinely work today. And in some ways, the WWE seem to be heading back to those ideas.

Brock Lesnar was sort of like the traveling champion (although he didn't work anywhere else). The same with The Rock really. NXT could really benefit by having some sort of "sister" development promotion that it can trade talent with, send guys away to prevent them from overexposure, and allow them to perform in front of different crowds.

As I've said in another thread, I've become borderline obsessed with this idea of having Jerry Lawler head up a new development promotion in Memphis. He and Bill Dundee are fighting to preserve an arena down there. The WWE should just buy it and have Lawler and Dundee run shows out of there with WWE talent and development guys and girls that are being trained at a wrestling school that can be run by Dr. Tom, Tracy Smothers Brian Kendrick, Cheerleader Melissa, Norman Smiley, Goldust and Vader, with Jerry Lawler, Bill Dundee, Zeb Colter and Victoria as veteran talent/consultants. Give them TV on the Network and have some top stars work the show for a few weeks to give it some presence.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote