View Single Post
Old 11-11-2016, 09:41 PM   #480
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Daniel Bryan's Saggy Balls Appreciation Day:

SPOILER: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
We have been told that as of a week ago the plan is to have Kalisto defeat Brian Kendrick to capture to WWE Cruiserweight Championship at Survivor Series and the whole division move to SmackDown Live. As noted, WWE has a new show titled, “205 Live” that will air live directly after SmackDown on Tuesday night. The show will showcase the cruiserweight division, so it would make the most sense for the company to move the division to the SmackDown brand

Spoiler tags used since its related to potential Survivor Series stuff.

Quote:
In a surprising move Friday, Billy Corgan announced on Twitter that he signed a settlement with TNA & Anthem Sports & Entertainment.

The leader singer of the Smashing Pumpkins didn't say much but did mention he'll be doing some media next week to "fill in the blanks" and "spell out what is/isn't in" the settlement.

Anthem property The Fight Network tweeted that they are "happy with arrangements made w/Mr. Corgan, allowing Impact Wrestling to put this behind them and focus on producing great shows."

The arrangement ends a contentious fall season for Corgan, Anthem, and TNA which saw Corgan file a lawsuit against TNA over gaining control over the company due to unpaid loans. The judge denied that claim, but as of the November 1st deadline to be paid back, Corgan still hadn't been made whole which led to a formal request for payment, hampered by a complicated contract arrangement.
Quote:
As has become tradition, Paul Levesque (better known as Triple H) participated in his regular quarterly conference call with the pro wrestling media this afternoon ahead of next week's NXT TakeOver: Toronto Network special.

The most noteworthy moments on the call were Levesque shooting down recent rumors. When talking about the NXT Women's Championship match between Asuka and Mickie James at TakeOver, Levesque said that James was their first choice for the match and noted that she wasn't a conciliation prize. Levesque seemed to be referencing rumors that had emerged claiming that Trish Stratus was initially their choice to face Asuka given that the match was happening in Toronto.

Levesque also clarified that Shawn Michaels isn't the head coach of the WWE Performance Center. The idea originally came from an interview that Kevin Nash, Sean Waltman, and Scott Hall did on the Kevin Gill show, but Dave Meltzer reported in this week's edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Matt Bloom still held that title.

While making the clarification, Levesque said that Bloom is doing a fantastic job in his role and said that Michaels' involvement at the PC is still to be determined. Levesque said that he thought Michaels would be most helpful in polishing talent that are almost ready for the main roster.

Addressing a recent survey that mentioned the possibility of NXT airing live, Levesque said that they're open to the idea if there is a big demand but said that there are no current plans for it ...

Levesque said that it's been interesting to build this TakeOver given recent turnover in the roster after the WWE Draft, calling it a rebuilding phase. He noted that the decision was made to have James challenge Asuka because he wanted time for other women to grow in NXT.
Quote:
Ring of Honor's upcoming tour of the United Kingdom won't be the last time we see Will Ospreay and Marty Scurll wrestle for the company.

ROH officially announced on Friday that Ospreay and Scurll had signed contracts with the promotion that will see them compete inside of ROH rings beyond the upcoming "Reach for the Sky" tour of the UK. ROH previously announced that both Ospreay and Scurll would be competing on the tour.

In their announcement, ROH referred to the contracts as "exclusive."

The two breakout British stars will be wrestling each other on the tour, as they're set to meet at ROH's show in London on November 20th. The night before, they'll team together in a non-title match against ROH tag champs The Young Bucks in Leicester. And Ospreay will face ROH TV Champion Bobby Fish in a non-title proving ground match in Liverpool on November 18th, with Scurll squaring off against Dalton Castle on the same show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The following press release was issued in support of "Slobberknocker", the official autobiography of WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross:

NEW YORK, Nov. 11, 2016 - His voice is known around the globe as THE voice of the WWE. Now the world we'll get to know the man behind that voice in an intimate autobiography from independent book publisher Skyhorse.

The book, entitled Slobberknocker, is due out in the fall 2017 and is Ross at his most personal, sharing his life from a simple upbringing to becoming one of the most recognizable figures in professional wrestling.

Ross has been involved in wrestling for over forty years. Not only is he a whiz behind the mic, but he also has an incredible eye for talent, helping sign such wrestling icons as "The Rock" Dwayne Johnson, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, and John Cena, to name a few.

This tell-all, named after his famous catch phrase, will cover Ross' life and career, with a climax at WrestleMania 15. After a second bout of Bell's palsy, J.R. was removed from the broadcast booth, only to return and call the main event between Steve Austinand The Rock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Taz appeared this morning on CBS Sports Radio's Tiki and Tierney to announce that he will be hosting a special, live episode of The Taz Show from 11 PM - 2 AM following the WWE Survivor Series on Sunday 11/20 ...

Taz tweeted out the following preview for the special:

BREAKING: Nov 20 on LIVE 11p-2a ET @CBSSportsRadio SPECIAL #TheTazShow #SurvivorSeries React pic.twitter.com/P9OUbDEL8h
— TAZ (@OfficialTAZ) November 11, 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Chris Jericho was scheduled to do a Live Talk is Jericho podcast with AJ Styles on November 20th in Toronto, but promoters Mark Out Moments tweeted that due to a change in Styles' WWE schedule, Kevin Owens will be appearing instead. There will also be an NXT: Takeover Toronto after party on November 19th hosted by Christian and The Miz.
Quote:
The Fight Network’s The LAW recently interviewed Chris Jericho (here), who revealed which WWE writer came up with the idea of “The List”:

So what happened was the gift of Jericho and I wish I could take credit for saying I came up with it but Jimmy Jacobs, who has become a writer in WWE, his name is Chris Scobille but his wrestler name is Jimmy Jacobs, no stranger to anybody who is a fan of Ring of Honor or any of those big independent companies. He said I’ve got this idea of the List of Jericho and you put a couple names on it. Oh yeah, that’s a great idea and we did it. Of course you do it once and it was kind of funny, that’s pretty funny, let’s do it again. So we do it again the next week, it gets a little bit of a buzz and then I go to the props truck and say can you make me big, thick list in case I want to use it to hit somebody over the head with and engrave something on. Then, they just put a red piece of paper on it that said the List of Jericho. Meanwhile, this thing is growing. Then, the one week where I said you just made the list and people cheered, it’s like holy (expletive) this is not what we expected. Then, the week we were in there with New Day and I put all three of them on the list, I said the secret is when I put you on the list, you have to sell it like it’s a horrible thing and Woods was great. If people are laughing at it, then it doesn’t get over but because it’s a serious thing, to be on the list is horrible then suddenly we have this whole new world of stuff to deal with.
Link to the podcast episode: http://fightnetwork.com/law/nov-6-ed...o-bobby-roode/

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
As noted, Hulk Hogan recently appeared on Eric Bischoff's new MLW Radio podcast and dismissed daughter Brooke Hogan's comments about people from WWE calling The Hulkster for a WrestleMania 33 return. Hogan said:

"I know if I don't bring it up nobody will. So anyway, Brooke's running around on TMZ and made the statement about me and wrestling and WrestleMania. For the record, she needs the big boot to the head. I haven't talked to anybody about WrestleMania. I just need to put that to rest. I asked Brooke, "What are you doing?" She goes, "Oh, well, I'm just starting it up." I said, "Thanks Brooke." It was kind of funny. I said, "No harm. No foul." It was all in good fun."
Hogan was actually working in New York City two weeks ago and speculation is that he was there filming WWE Network material, according to PWInsider. There have also reportedly been talks between Hogan and WWE about how the two sides can move forward and start working together again. We noted a while back how it was no coincidence that Hogan started appearing in WWE ads once again.

As of this writing, Hogan has not been re-added to the WWE Hall of Fame roster page.
Quote:
According to the Daily Star, it's being rumored that Linda McMahon could possibly become part of U.S. President-elect Donald Trump's cabinet in the Commerce Department. It has been noted that the McMahon family donated around $7 million dollars towards Trump's presidential campaign.
Quote:
Braun Strowman has been featured in “Bodyslam Challenges” with The Big Show during the recent European tour. Those challenges are expected to continue through the month of December at upcoming WWE Live Events.

It’s believed that a feud between Stroman and The Big Show will kick off after the Survivor Series event on weekly WWE programming. The company will most likely bill the match as a “Battle of the Giants” or something along those lines.

Some other sheet news includes:
  • WWE will be selling a version of their official rule book called "WWE Book of Rules" starting early next year for $16. Besides the rules, it also gives details regarding different match types in the WWE and who have broken certain rules over the years. http://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/NOV162122
  • During a recent interview with Les Francs-tireurs, Kevin Owens revealed Ryback's only IC reign in the WWE was meant to last longer than it did. Ryback pissing Vince off the week before Night of Champions ended up being the main reason why Owens won the belt for his first IC reign. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...wg&sh=72e74beb
  • Jeremy Borash was recently announced to become TNA's new head of Creative starting next year. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...c6&sh=b9b5b4ca
  • Recent updates made on WWE's official website ended up confirming rumors Akira Tozawa got his first name dropped for his upcoming main roster debut. Also revealed Jack Gallagher has finished his indie commitments since he was also added to the superstar page.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote