View Single Post
Old 11-29-2019, 10:28 AM   #172
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
What honestly pisses me off the most is people saying that "It were just some random words, Mauro is overreacting".

Except for people with certain mental illnesses, overreaction is a natural state of the mind that they can't control in any ordinary way. They need therapy, meds, or both to even hope to function normally. That's why they're mental disabilities, and someone like Corey needed to know that his actions could've had this sort of reaction. With bipolar, you can’t control your mood swings. You can hope to see them coming and act in such a way that it creates the least damage for yourself and others, but there can always be triggers to immediately chuck you down that ravine into the valley of suckage.

Mauro already has to dig through enough shitty comments from random keyboard warriors every day, which I can imagine sucks big donkey balls, but then your own coworker jumps in on the train to throw some swipes himself, on an open forum, and well, the bucket runneth over. Doing that to any other coworker is a massively dick move, where in most decent companies you'd get a massive bollocking from HR for creating a hostile work environment. The added stab in the back from a coworker, someone you should be able to trust to treat you decently, that's where the pain comes from.

WWE isn't the kind of company to actually stick up for the right people though, and doing positive things for people with all sorts of disabilities is only an interesting subject when they can get some good PR out of it. Because their actual treatment of their people, whether in ring or backstage is still the same old carny garbage attitude they've always had.

As someone with mental issues myself, I feel so deeply for Mauro, and whilst it's clear he loves the job and most fans love him, I also feel that WWE isn't a healthy environment for him to follow that dream. He’ll always have to deal with petty dickheads like Corey's and JBL's, and nobody deserves that. I doubt WWE will ever wake the fuck up and start changing their toxic mentality to the point where it might be a safe space for anyone to work.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote