View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 08:46 PM   #160
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Something I noticed re: NXT vs. AEW. For all the talk around AEW being inclusive, which I support as far as catering to additional needs fans and looking for good wrestlers that come from a large number of backgrounds, NXT introduced 11 women wrestlers on their show. That’s as many women as recorded on the AEW roster page.

There were wrestlers from 5 different continents and 11 different countries. Mia Yim has Korean heritage and Sean Maluta and Vanessa Borne are Samoan. Everyone in AEW is from the UK, Canada, Japan, South Africa or Mexico. Nyla Rose is Native American. This is one show from NXT up against an entire company. And the expectation is that WWE would beat you over the head with that stuff for the good PR. But Triple H has kept his gloating to a minimum.

I’ve found myself rooting for NXT. I lost interest when it became clear that everyone I invest in there is going to be irrelevant on the main roster. I couldn’t care about Asuka in NXT because I knew she would be WWE’d. That’s changed. At least for now. I can care about Io Shirai because they may not send her to Raw or SmackDown.

Triple H. Fuck. I can’t believe I’m saying this, because I’ve called bullshit on a lot of the “he’s going to save wrestling” myths. But he’s doing everything right so far. The stuff on top as well as the stuff on bottom. AEW were “full gearing” up to parody main roster WWE, but they’re getting pro-wrestling and now Omega’s salty. He didn’t want to go against good wrestling — that isn’t what he signed up for.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote