View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 09:10 PM   #725
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Following a night in which Raw ratings rebounded, SmackDown did not follow suit.

Despite a much-hyped appearance by Goldberg ahead of his match against The Undertaker at Super ShowDown in Saudi Arabia, SmackDown dropped to 2.016 million viewers on Tuesday, down three percent from last week. There was no major sports competition, with both the NBA and NHL finals having the night off ...

Year-over-year, SmackDown was only down six percent, the third straight week that drop has been in the single digits. The episode retained the usual 84 percent of Raw's audience from the night before.
Quote:
A pre-show match has been added to the lineup for Friday's Super ShowDown event.

WWE announced today that The Usos will face The Revival on the Super ShowDown pre-show. The pre-show begins at 1 p.m. Eastern time, with the main card starting at 2 p.m. Eastern.
Quote:
The NWA Worlds Heavyweight Champion and NWA National Champion will be teaming up at ROH Best in the World.

NWA Worlds Heavyweight Champion Nick Aldis & NWA National Champion Colt Cabana vs. The Briscoes has been announced for Best in the World. The pay-per-view is taking place at the UMBC Event Center in Baltimore, Maryland on Friday, June 28.
Quote:
Mickie James will be out of action for the foreseeable future, as she is going to undergo ACL surgery.

She confirmed the news this afternoon on a Instagram Live post. She said that she had an MRI on Monday and found out the same day about the injury. She also mentioned that she didn’t know when she would be getting the surgery.

She was injured during a match this past weekend against Carmella at a house show in Waco, Texas that eventually had to be cut short. There were earlier reports that she was injured, but to what extent wasn’t known at the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The GoFundMe Campaign to assist the daughter of Ashley Massaro created by a number of current and former WWE stars has raised $46,010 and counting. To assist in the effort, which is raising money for Massaro's daughter's education, click here.

Meanwhile, WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley will be selling Cactus Jack t-shirts via Pro Wrestling Tees with the proceeds going to Massaro's daughter's education fund starting this Friday:
Link for those interested: https://www.gofundme.com/ashleymassa...ducationalfund , https://www.prowrestlingtees.com/wre...r-alive-2.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
As of this morning, the WWE live event in Reno, Nevada is still scheduled to take place. If it does, it will be the first Smackdown Monday night live event to take place and not be canceled since the Wild Card rule was announced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Sami Zayn announced that he will be running another fundraising campaign to raise money for medical relief in Syria, timed to begin at the same time as WWE's Super Showdown in Saudi Arabia, this Friday at 2 PM EST:.

That timing is obviously set for a reason:

Intensified attacks in NW Syria are targeting civilians & medical facilities.

I will once again be partnering with @sams_usa to launch a mobile clinic in Syria to bring medical aid to those in desperate need.

Our fundraiser will be launched Friday, June 7, 2pm EDT.

Please RT. https://t.co/ypQi7HOjST
— Sami Zayn (@SamiZayn) June 5, 2019
Link: https://twitter.com/SamiZayn/status/1136374623824678912

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Dustin Rhodes discusses his bloody affair with Cody.

One of the highlights at All Elite Wrestling's Double or Nothing was the brother vs. brother affair between Dustin and Cody Rhodes ...

Speaking to Chris Jericho on Talk is Jericho, Dustin discussed getting busted open in the bout and his philosophy on blood.

"I know a lot of people were worried. I was worried. You do it and you see it start streaming out and I was like, 'Oh no. I went a little bit too deep.' 10 minutes go by and I'm starting to worry because the whole ring is red, it's all in my eyes, I'm trying to wipe it out but it keeps shooting out to my heartbeat. It gets scary. After 15 minutes, I knew I'd be okay. You saw the fans faces. They were horrified, but into it. It was incredible," said Dustin.

"I've always been told, 'red on the head is green in the pocket.' I believe that to be true to an extent, when it's used sparingly. It was just right [At Double or Nothing]. I'm still on a huge high from this match. We stole the show from the legendary Chris Jericho," he joked.
Quote:
A few years ago, WWE started doing live podcast episodes of the Steve Austin Show on WWE Network. Guests included Vince McMahon, Paul Heyman, Brock Lesnar, and others. While most of the interviews went smoothly and featured Austin chatting with his guests about a variety of topics, his interview with Jon Moxley (formerly Dean Ambrose in WWE) was an awkward affair that Austin couldn't get back on track after Moxley checked out.

Speaking to Wade Keller of PWTorch, Moxley revealed why he shut down during the interview.

"I don't remember it being very good. I was looking forward to it. I went there on my day off and I was like, 'Cool, we're going to talk wrestling.' A producer called me a week before to prep and was trying to ask super personal deep questions about my childhood. And I was like, 'it's kinda none of your business.' I didn't want to drag up my shit on national television. Within five seconds [of the interview], I'm getting these questions. [Austin] said something that pissed me off and I mentally shut down," recalled Moxley. "I love Steve and had that been a regular interview, I would have hung up on him. I think he wanted me to bury the shit out of everything. But I'm WWE Champion at the time and doing double shots. I'm beat to shit and working my ass off. And guys like Steve will be, 'Why don't you just go off-script?' The whole situation is different than when he was there. He could say 'Austin 3:16,' I get a dumb script. I can't go into all this on this podcast because I'm trying to stand up for my generation and the boys. I just wanted to talk about wrestling."

Moxley continued, "All these Attitude Era guys are calling our generation 'lazy and scared for our jobs.' They don't understand the shit we're dealing with. It's not 1998. I didn't know how to get into that in that setting. I just went to autopilot. I knew what he wanted but I didn't know how to give it to him. We didn't have enough time to get into it all. And I was pissed off because I felt bamboozled by that producer that I told that I was interested in talking about my family."
Quote:
Mattel is celebrating Randy Savage's time as the spokesperson for Slim Jim by releasing an exclusive figure that will be available in limited quantities at Mattel's San Diego Comic-Con retail booth from July 17-21. Fans can pre-order the figure, which costs $29.99, through Entertainment Earth beginning on June 18.

TPWW Frontpage stuff:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote