View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 01:47 PM   #394
Jordan
It's a blood match!

Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
My ratings

I'm going to start posting my star ratings on the Dave scale for the live PPV's I watch....

PRE SHOW Uso's vs Revival - **
Average WWE tag action, could have been the exact same match and gotten a much higher rating if it mattered but it doesn't.

Seth Rollins (c) defeated Baron Corbin - ** 1/2
Completely enjoyable if you aren't just sick to death of Corbin. The action was very good and they told a complete story throughout and into the post match angle with Lesnar. I was hoping this wasn't the end of Lesnar on this show but alas...

Finn vs Andrade *** 1/2
Great action, would've gone higher with the rating if it had gone a little longer to add more drama. Solid bout.

Shane vs Roman *
Trash match, trash booking. Having Shane go over the top guy with a simple Claymore interference was lazy and disappointing. Pushing Shane as the top heel is bullshit.

Lars vs Lucha House Party **
Completely enjoyable, and even cool match until the very abrupt and odd DQ ending. It was a bad call but the "make good" worked for me with the post match beat down. Lars looked very athletic here and Gran Metalik and Lince were awesome in their spots. Lucha House Party should be in AEW.

Orton vs Triple H *** 3/4

I wouldn't call it a classic, but I would call it the bout of the night. It was fun to recall the classic rivalry that these two had. Sure both men have been guilty as charged when it comes to ring crimes that can induce a nap for any viewer at any time, but as we all know there is a reason Triple H is where and who he is and the same can be said for Orton. I enjoyed the deliberate, cerebral psychology they put together for this match. It technically as solid as anything you'll see in WWE, slow and deliberate that built to a nice crescendo with the played out finisher trade off. Played out as it is, they did it very well and I was glad to see Orton go over. I feel there is still room for him at the top.

Braun vs Bobby No rating
I feel asleep about 3 minutes into this match. Lashley's anti charisma sucked the energy from me.

Kofi vs Dolph No rating
I slept through this one too. No big deal, nothing seemed to happen and Brock didn't crash the party and eat Kofi's pancakes so I'll just watch them in a cage at STOMPING GROUNDS

50 Man Battle Royal *
Really over crowded and ridiculous for the longest time. Still, battle royals are fun. However just let me say I've seen more Battle Royal's this year than I ever need to. Mansoor's victory pop was worth it, his speech was great. However I see that his story could be similar to Lars, he's made some hateful antisemitic and racist media online.

Undertaker vs Goldberg ***
Don't freak out, I enjoyed it a lot so I gave it a higher rating that probably anyone else will. I like realism, this was real as hell. Goldberg is so intense, coming out he's already bleeding and probably has a concussion from headbutting the lockers, great. Then entrances were fantastic. The match start was what it should be, this is finisher vs finisher, keeping it real simple. Not sure if Goldberg really hit the post or bladed, who knows. Blood is cool. With the years and years of the absence of blood I'm now a blood mark again just like when I was a kid and WWF had the no blading rules. The Tombstone really should have ended the match but they decided to keep going. But everyone would have said it was fun for what it was if it would have ended here. However we see Goldberg is gassed the fuck out, he can't get Taker up for the Jackhammer and ends up spiking him with a brainbuster. Fucking sick, thank God he's okay, now I can think it's cool. Wow, cool. Okay the tombstone reversal was bad, they should have known better. The finishing chokeslam was bad too but I would have done the same thing. I don't think there was any better call you could have made.

I don't do overall show ratings but this wasn't a great show by any means, but somehow I enjoyed it. It reminds me of the WWF Colesium Home Video releases where you'd see the World Tour's and WWF in Paris or Japan. Nothing mattered on those shows either but they did a good job in giving a memorable event. I'm sure the Saudi people walked away feeling like they had a good time.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote