View Single Post
Old 06-15-2019, 12:17 AM   #745
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
The story going around about Gedo being out as New Japan booker is false. No idea where it came from but New Japan has denied it, and Gedo has told friends he has no idea where it came from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uproxx.com
Earlier today, a report began circulating that Gedo had stepped down as the booker of New Japan Pro Wrestling before Dominion. This was first published by Miruhon and spread to the English-language part of Twitter by @STRIGGA (podcaster and owner of Cagematch.net and Purolove.com,) sharing a Kakutolog article about the report.

With Spandex reached out to NJPW sources for comment and was told that the reports of Gedo stepping down as the promotion’s booker are untrue. A source within the NJPW office went as far as to call it “a crazy rumor.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE Hall of Famers Ric Flair and Ron Simmons are being interviewed today in Atlanta for the forthcoming A&E documentary on Booker T.

It was announced this past April that the cable network and WWE would be partnering for a quintet of documentaries on the lives of WWE personalities. Beyond Booker T, there are plans for documentaries on Steve Austin, the late Roddy Piper, Randy Savage and the late Randy Savage.

PWInsider.com has also learned that The Rock's Seven Bucks Productions also has early plans on doing a documentary on the life of Roddy Piper, one of WWE's greatest antagonists, who passed away in 2015. We are told this project, should it go forward, would be independent of the A&E/WWE documentary. It's been bandied about for some time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestlingInc
There are said to be a lot of WWE talents who are counting the days until they can get out of their WWE contracts, according to Wrestling Observer Radio.

There have been rumors of WWE talents wanting to leave for months, but Dave Meltzer noted on WOR that AEW putting on a successful show with Double Or Nothing has really changed things.

On a related note, WWE Chief Brand Officer Stephanie McMahon was in Orlando this week for a business luncheon. She also visited the WWE Performance Center and Wednesday's WWE NXT TV tapings at Full Sail University. Stephanie reportedly held a talent meeting before Wednesday's tapings, which was described as a pep talk.

Stephanie reportedly pushed how great everything is with the company, and how talents get to be their own brands in the company. Stephanie also pushed social media in a big way. Her presentation included a big screen that showed how Forbes recently listed WWE and WrestleMania as one of the top 10 most powerful brands on social media, among other points.

It was also noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that WWE is trying to convince talents that their careers are over if they leave. Talents have believed this in previous years, but most aren't buying it these days and a lot of wrestlers who leave are happy that they made the decision. Meltzer noted how WWE is also trying to convince the fans that it's WWE or nothing, and that wrestlers are jokes if they aren't with WWE. Meltzer pointed to the enhancement talents with the YOLO County Tag Team Titles on Tuesday's SmackDown, which were featured in the angle with Heavy Machinery and SmackDown Tag Team Champions Daniel Bryan & Rowan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CageSideSeats.com
Count the WWE Champion as one of the many who see the writing on the wall when it comes to how WWE has booked Shane McMahon over the past several months. Some would even argue that McMahon is the strongest heel WWE has on its main roster.

It’s a little odd that in the year 2019, the common line of thinking among many in WWE is the best way to give an individual an even bigger push is to just book them opposite of someone in the McMahon Family tree.

In an interview with Sports Illustrated, Kingston opens about the possibility of not only facing Shane in the ring, but also Vince McMahon as well.

"I would love to fight Shane, and I would love to get Vince in the ring, too. I think it’s really cool that Shane is in this role of walking the line of an authoritative figure, but, at the same time, is an active superstar. Shane does some pretty crazy things in the ring, as you see in every single match that he has, so I would love to mix it up with him.”

Strangely enough, this Kingston quote also lines up with rumors of an even bigger Shane-O-Mac push yet to come.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Steve Austin, who has been on a sabbatical from recording new podcast episodes for some time, announced he would return with a new episode on 6/18 with All Elite Wrestling President Tony Khan as his special guest. That should be a fun conversation given the depth of Khan's love of professonal wrestling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Lucha star Daga is done with Major League Wrestling, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

Daga, who had a short feud with Low Ki in the company, was booked for the promotion's 6/1 date in Wisconsin, but pulled out at the last second, citing that he had scheduled a vacation.

MLW later learned he was actually working dates in Mexico instead and have dropped him from all future bookings.

Daga was in line for a push with plans to be turned heel later this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
Fite TV has confirmed that they will be carrying Fyter Fest on Saturday, June 29th for those outside the U.S., U.K., and Ireland. We have been told Fite will be doing the same for the Fight for the Fallen card next month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
AAA’s annual Verano de Escandalo (‘Summer of Scandal’) card takes place this Sunday night from Merida, Yucatan in Mexico from the Poliforum Zamna with a live stream of the event on their Twitch channel at 5 pm Eastern. One of the big matches features the Young Bucks returning to Mexico to defend the AAA tag titles against Pentagon Jr. and Rey Fenix in a rematch from Double or Nothing. There was a lot of buzz this week for the promotion following Laredo Kid and El Hijo del Vikingo’s match in Monterrey last Sunday. The two are in different matches this weekend but it’s a good-looking card from AAA and it’s happening on a quiet weekend where they have the night to themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Appearing on the NotSam Wrestling Podcast with Sam Roberts, Ryan explained why he turned down a deal with AEW.

"People still think I'm [in AEW] or expect me to be there. Those guys are my best friends, and that doesn't change. I've had extensive discussions with them, and they're not sure if what I do can play on their television show," revealed Ryan. "They don't really have an idea specifically for me where it's like 'if we bring you on, we have to take away what makes you over.' So, it's a gamble for me, not only creatively, but financially, because I'm making better money than these contracts offer, at least to start. So I'd be taking a pay cut and essentially start over. We've had discussions, but it just didn't make sense. It felt like I'd be irresponsible to myself and where I'm at with my life, finances, my geography, and creativity. It would be a gamble that I don't need to take."

Ryan continued, "We realized they're gonna be successful without me and I'm gonna be successful without them. Maybe our paths will cross at some point, but there is no urgency to it because neither of us necessarily needs the other one right now. It'd be nice to work with my friends, but it's not a necessity right now until they figure out their product and how they want to present it."

TPWW Frontpage stuff:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote